Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
I haven't actively shopped at a tackle shop in quite some time. I have gone to kill time while my wife was shopping elsewhere, but that was it. I usually just chat with the employees and play around with the display reels. They really don't have much of anything I need or want, so I just like to go jaw with the employees.

No kidding I bought a bunch of musky stuff I didn't need just because it was at a huge discount.
I had just got my boat a couple weeks before, bought spare props, hubs, trolling gear, line...Musky was where i drew the line, but it was hard. Saw a guy buy an entire pallet of steering cables because they were only $15 each or something stupid like that.

It will take me about 5 more years at the rate I am going to use all the jigheads I bought from Gander, and I only bought $20-25 worth of stuff when I stopped in every Saturday AM till they closed for good. #1 thing I regret not buying was a boat cover, one day I had 4 or 5 of them picked out I was going to buy just to resell they were marked down so much, 90% was it ? One of the last things I bought was 4 cheapy 7' med spinning rods, that I gave to people or kids that I knew, if I remember right they were well under $20 for all of them.

Got a bunch of camper stuff their dirt cheap. Toilet, pumps, lights and more. But gander in 1997ish was great. Back almost 30 years ago Selfridge Sport and Tackle was badazz. The latest hunting and fishing stuff. I used to count spikes, wax worms and mouseies and load them in the containers for a nickel a piece. All these chain stores do now is sell clothes.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.