Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sportsmen’s Direct is proud to announce it's 2nd location and the re-opening of one of Lake St. Clair’s oldest tackle store locations. Our new Selfridge location is now open and stocking emerald shiners, spikes, waxies and more.

Just in time for dock season!

45200 Jefferson Ave, Chesterfield MI - open 7 days a week!
Building Sky Road surface Land lot Asphalt

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sportsmen’s Direct is proud to announce it's 2nd location and the re-opening of one of Lake St. Clair’s oldest tackle store locations. Our new Selfridge location is now open and stocking emerald shiners, spikes, waxies and more.

Just in time for dock season!

45200 Jefferson Ave, Chesterfield MI - open 7 days a week!
View attachment 277790
Congrats John. You have the west side of the lake covered now!

·
Super Moderator
38,318 Posts
I was going to harley but maybe I'll head up that way just to say hi.. Hows the trailer parking? As good as on Jefferson?

Reactions: Papa Liver

·
Registered
16,277 Posts
I was going to harley but maybe I'll head up that way just to say hi.. Hows the trailer parking? As good as on Jefferson?
Wouldn't say it's very good for trailer parking from the lot I know of. Maybe they'll change it....
I'm going to head straight past and go to Angler's Point. Think the SDI at 16mi does just fine I'll help out the other bait shop

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't say it's very good for trailer parking from the lot I know of. Maybe they'll change it....
When they put the round about it they shifted the main road out away from the building some and redid the parking lot for the land lord.so there is more room then what used to be there.

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that the location right around the corner from the Anglers and Archers bait shop? If it is, I'm wondering if there is enough business for both to survive?
There has been two bait shops there for sometime. So there is plenty there for everyone.

·
Banned
3,519 Posts
Gonna be interesting. SDI, Angler's Point and Cabela's all within about a mile of each other. Definitely give SDI and Angler's the edge on bait needs in the area, but C's on tackle, etc. selection and other stuff. We'll just have to wait and see how the future pans out..........everybody has their preferences, so pricing and customer satisfaction will be paramount, IMHO. Good Luck to all!:)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Gonna be interesting. SDI, Angler's Point and Cabela's all within about a mile of each other. Definitely give SDI and Angler's the edge on bait needs in the area, but C's on tackle, etc. selection and other stuff. We'll just have to wait and see how the future pans out..........everybody has their preferences, so pricing and customer satisfaction will be paramount, IMHO. Good Luck to all!:)
I went into that Cabelas for the first time this past weekend & I wasn't impressed. They had far less tackle, rods, & reels then the one in Dundee.

·
Banned
3,519 Posts
I went into that Cabelas for the first time this past weekend & I wasn't impressed. They had far less tackle, rods, & reels then the one in Dundee.
I agree, but that's only because the Chesterfield store is about a third the size of the Dundee one. They still have more rods, reels and fishing tackle in general than SDI and Anglers combined. What I like about places like Anglers & SDI is they'll carry more tackle that is specific to the SCR, DR and LSC. Bait is a no-brainer.........SDI & Anglers hands down. I really used to like Lakeside at 10 & Jefferson especially when Larry Sawicki owned it, but they've really gone downhill the last few years, both in what they carry and in any customer service.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Can you fish the docks behind the store?
Musta seen at least 15 guys at Anglers on the last warm weekend of the month a few weeks back. No one brooming them away, so I'd say "yeah" the docks must be open for the shore guys.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree, but that's only because the Chesterfield store is about a third the size of the Dundee one. They still have more rods, reels and fishing tackle in general than SDI and Anglers combined. What I like about places like Anglers & SDI is they'll carry more tackle that is specific to the SCR, DR and LSC. Bait is a no-brainer.........SDI & Anglers hands down. I really used to like Lakeside at 10 & Jefferson especially when Larry Sawicki owned it, but they've really gone downhill the last few years, both in what they carry and in any customer service.
I hope Angler's keeps their "bargain" table going. A good place to pee away some cash on some random lures. I found 3 knock-off bull dawg muskie lures this past summer - $5 a piece! One worked, which is worth the throw away money if one should be lost. Like to see SDI offer up some unique finds like that as well. Yes, they're right around the corner from each other now, and SDI can handle the live bait scenario better, or seems to. Hey, it's competition!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts