Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive never fished there, and quite frankly I dont know where its at or how to get on the ice there. Im guessing its at the end of South River rd. Maybe the DNR luanch? Any help is appreciated. I may try it later in the season.

While Im at it, where is the basin? I hear a reports from there but yet dont know where it is.

Im looking to expand my fishing grounds for perch this year. Even if they are all dinks.

I know where Ginos, Venetian, SANG, crocker Launch, Metro Park, Fair Haven Brandenburg, etc all are. Im just looking to find out a little more on the above two places mentioned above.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
241 Posts
Spillway is just south of Crocker rd. launch. There is a small park there you can park your vehicle in. Seems to be alot of guys fishing there this year when I pass by on 94 in the afternoon. Tim

·
Registered
253 Posts
ginos ice blew out today, usually the spillway is the last to freeze but, this year its the first :confused:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I stay off of genos until the lake is locked up. I miss some good fishing but like I said in prior post the ice will blow out often in early winter and last ice.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
thank god i want out there

I fell asleep at 8 last night, so I woke up at 3am today.........Thought long and hard about going out there early am. :tdo12: Glad I deceided to do the year end paper work today!!!!

Don't need to be the "ice rescue poster child" :lol:

Like Ed says...till the lake is locked....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
brianroy6 said:
Thanks alot. Ill try it out sometime.:)
Brian,

Always be extra cautious in that area, When we have a warm up, melt off,rain, it weakens that Ice fast. You get all the warm water discharge from the storm drains with SALT in it and the runoff from fields too!

The basin you hear about is at Metro, its in the back where all the boat docks are at. Stay AWAY from the clinton river!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Ed Michrina said:
I stay off of genos until the lake is locked up. I miss some good fishing but like I said in prior post the ice will blow out often in early winter and last ice.
Sounds like this might be a good time for the annual "nightmare from hell" story, always a good reminder on how nasty LSC can be. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, either you or Gone Fishin usually post it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
O.K. kid it's time to take a road trip you call the day and do all the driven while I hold the sodas and I'll be your tour guide :lol:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ed I hope that offers for me. Ill be your DD anyday of the week, and Ill let you tell me all your secrets once on the ice;)

·
Registered
9,769 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the link. I know it isnt safe out there, and dont go out until the whole lakes frozen over, with 6-8 inches to walk on.Anyways, My dad works at Mt/ Clemens water plant, on jefferson and he lost his car keys, so I had to take him his extra set from home:bash:

So I did a little scouting. People fishing Crocker Launch. and Ginos, The ice there was almost as far as eye could see. (at 5 pm) at ginos.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mike I ordered my mustang suit from Landfall nav. It took two weeks to receive it no big deal. Then the wife grabs it and puts it under the tree, Tells me not until Christmas. But wait until her ice armour gloves come via UPS they will go under the same tree. No problem just a few days away. I just wanted to try the suit on. I did call Landfall for a tracking number. Tim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts