Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I drove by the spillway Sunday and saw 20 to 30 guys all schooled up. Any word what what's going on down there?

A note to anyone that reads this post, and runs down to fish the spill way. Most guys were by the bridge on the park side. On the apartment side there were 2 or 3 but they had a boat on the ice tied to shore. If you do not know the spillway, all it takes is a little warm weather to melt some snow and you have high water and bad ice. Also the first melt will have road salt in it making the ice worse. Its deep so bring a spud an and test the ice every time out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
my brother drove past there today, said the same thing, and he seen some people pull up some fighters, but the key word I said was seen lol, idk overall tho, just thought to put my hearings for the spillway :D , doubt it helped tho lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fished for an hour Sun. morning south of bridge, caught 6 biggest 7". Heard guy in boat limited out sat. on minnows. Didn't see any keepers caught. Ice towards center very touchy, along edges good. Walt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts