Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of us went out today, worked the area from the Spillway to Metro.
It was slow this morning, lots of wind and rain. Things finally picked up in the afternoon.
We ended up with 10 Walleye and 2 Perch.
Partner left to go home with his half and I started cleaning when I thought about the picture. The sizes were from 16 to 20 inches, all nice eaters.
Rich
[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
20,295 Posts
You did MUCH better than we did.

Gunrod and I launched around 5 and hit a few waypoints to the north. Got bit off once (Pike). Worked in tight for a spell and then joined the pack to the south in the Spillway plume. Nada, zip.

Of course, back at the launch we got a tip about a pod quite a bit off-shore. Looks like some of the fish are heading toward the channels

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I feel fortunate as well, I picked up 3. The DNR attendant said that was very good based on what he was seeing coming back to the launch.
I was in the same area Shoeman, what boat were you?
Brian

Shoeman said:
You did MUCH better than we did.

Gunrod and I launched around 5 and hit a few waypoints to the north. Got bit off once (Pike). Worked in tight for a spell and then joined the pack to the south in the Spillway plume. Nada, zip.

Of course, back at the launch we got a tip about a pod quite a bit off-shore. Looks like some of the fish are heading toward the channels

·
Super Moderator
20,295 Posts
A 1750 Scout Center Console with a saltwater bow motor

We probably should have ran meat during a tough bite, right John? LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
FishTales said:
worked the area from the Spillway to Metro.
It was slow this morning, lots of wind and rain. Things finally picked up in the afternoon.
[/IMG]
We did very similar Fish Tales. I started out near the 400 Club where I took an easy limit on Monday ..... same spot but the water had cleared up and the fish were gone. Headed to Metro Beach and found fish in some stained water about a mile out. 3 of us took 8 walleye between 17 and 21 inches in about 2 hours. They certainly are not spread out ..... could only catch them in specific spots. :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
We took 3 fish near the 400 club yesterday. It was slow and I didnt mark near the fish I marked on Sunday. Caught just about every species avail. I wasnt getting anything trolling B/B so switched to drifting harnesses with a splitshot for the 3. We'll plan on heading to the St. Clair river sometime this weekend. Gonna try to learn to handline.
--Dennis--

·
Registered
217 Posts
we were out there today trying out the new kicker setup picked up 1 walleye a nice small mouth a decent pike a nice perch and 5 or so big blue gill
fished from 5:30 to 9 ish

pretty slow out there tonight but the boats were plentiful water was clean no dirty water to be found got our only eye infront of the 400 club didnt look or sound like anything spectacular went on out there gona try the river tommorow

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was out there again this afternoon.
This time I was closer to the pack by Metro, managed to pick up 4 today.
16 inch to 24 1/2. Also got a northern over 30 inches, let him go so someone else can have the fun of landing it.
Rich

[/IMG]

·
Registered
41 Posts
did really well today believe it or not ended up catching 27 eyes all together we had a slow start but things picked up around nine and we were done by noon only 4 fish in back of the boat all the rest on inline boards 1oz bottom bouncers hot color was copper with red beads like always will be out sat morn in 21 ft green trophy good luck guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts