Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick report...GTG

Fished am 9FOW..17 keepers, about 35 dinks and missed about 20 today! Minnow bite...burned them all today. Blu/slv rap worked early..Fish turned off after 11 am.

Off to mitchell for tommorow....

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
we headed out with Jared this morning, were there about 8:00 started off using wigglers with little action for about an hour; switched over to minnows with Tear Drops and the action started picking up..All together we ended p keep 53 nice size perch, all at least 9-10 inches a few in the 11-12 inch, threw back at least 25 fish and missed another 20 or so nice ones at the hole..Jared had to work so we packed it up around 12:30...not bad for 4 hours of fishing...tightlines

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
So you're the other guy Jared fishes with...:cool: He told me all about the day at work and made me wish I was there...But I was being "Daddy" this weekend...Now Monday Morning....that is a different story!:D

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
don, monday morning? did i hear fishing? what? I'm gonna run by there tomorrow to see whats going on.

steve

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
fishes with, he had told me that you wanted to come out as well but that you family plans...some things are more important than fishing that just hapens to be one of them...we had a great day, Good Luck on Monday, I hear you guys plan on being out all day...maybe I can meet you out somewhere earrly afternoon, I will keep in touch with Jared

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
guys heading, I know that Jared mentioned a few spots but was not sure..hopefully I can catch you in the early afternoon..thanks

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Just wondering what the ice conditions are like in that area. I am hoping to get out in the next day or two and was wondering if you are able to get around and into Beacon Cove. Can't decide where to go. I would like to set-up a tip-up while trying for perch and have had some decent luck in the marina.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Have not heard much about the spillway yet this year. I am dieing to get out for a few hours but don't have a shanty and the marina is a good place to get out of the wind a little. I assume the ice in that area would be ok now but just checking to see if anyone has tried to get in the marina from the launch yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you see the spillway from 94 W ?
Ithink i drove past there on my way home from a dismal morning at Fairhaven.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Jims,
When you were going west on 94, just past the exit for Metropolitan Highway, you cross over a bridge, that was the spillway.
If you want to try fishing the lake by the spillway, when you are heading East on 94, just as you go over the spillway, is an exit for Metropolitan Highway Eastbound, turn right, then right at the first light (Crocker) then right at the next light (Jefferson) then head west about 1/4 mile, DNR site is on the left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts