Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not believe it! There was a lone soul on the spill way yesterday sitting on his bucket. He was out in the middle too! :yikes:

I have not been out to check the ice myself and cant imagine the ice is safe yet. The spillway ice is so unpredictable as the small current there really affects the ice conditions. There has to be a MAJOR cold spell for me to head out....maybe I am just "chicken" or (smart) I guess..;)

Has anyone been out to check the ice there? There was no one there this morning as I drove by.

Safe fishing!
Lyle

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
See anyone at Crocker Lyle? Maybe headin' there tomorrow if it's safe.

If not I'll hit the local ponds

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not interested in getting into an arguement,, So don't fire back if I am mistaken. I was told the dam on the spillway was raised to improve the water levels on the Clinton river. This was a few years ago when the water levels were at the lowest. Ever since, the spillway only flows when we get heavy rain. It has lost much of it's appeal for ice fishing since it rarely flows.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I drove by about 11:30. From the highway I could see people in the center of the spillway, close to Jefferson.
Redneck

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Drove by on the 94 and I saw 3 guys down by the jefferson bridge around 9:00am. I don't ice fish!! My father was in the Coast Gaurd and he would tell me and my brothers about how they would have to recover the bodies of people that had fallen through the ice.:tdo12: Back then they usually waited for them to "pop up" in the spring or when the weather started to warm. If you ever see a guy ice fishing with a lifevest on thats me!! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts