Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,924 Posts
The places I have in mind are kind of a mixed bag. This spring the majority of the streams will be somewhat tight with I.. assuming will be lots of roll casting. Some open estuaries at the mouths. This fall will be pretty open. I hope to make it to the Situk in spring 2022 and back up to the wulik the following fall. The wulik can be big water. The thing is, I have gotten by with my one hander for years, I wonder if the spey or switch will get used much.
I wouldnt mind hooking up with a few of you guys to see what it's all about and to try the different rods before I make a purchase. I am contemplating just spooling up a spare spool with a Skagit head and just use that.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Thinking late February when the steelhead that eat are in and the hordes of people are not. :)

Plus the last time I thought about fishing the Muskegon in April, I pulled up to Croton and realized it would be a quick trip to Lake Michigan with all the gates open!:p
Good point. End of February works for me as well. Hell, any weekend works for me for fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.