Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Shell crackers are a hoot. I fished the St. Johns when I lived in South Georgia. We'd catch hundreds some days. I hope it's still like that.
Im sure there are many crackers in MI. Id like to once get into em down South.
I spent 2 yrs in Texas and had a ocean trip scheduled but had to cancel as the most of he guys had to go to FL for a launch at Canaverial, they were Army medics. I left before we could get a reschedule.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Im sure there are many crackers in MI. Id like to once get into em down South.
I spent 2 yrs in Texas and had a ocean trip scheduled but had to cancel as the most of he guys had to go to FL for a launch at Canaverial, they were Army medics. I left before we could get a reschedule.
Plan is to dig some worms and get some grass shrimp and give it the old college try when she heats up.

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
See if someone can take you frog hunting while you're down there (it's done after dark when the snakes and gators come out just in case you're scared). It's great fun and they taste great too! Bucket list stuff...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
See if someone can take you frog hunting while you're down there (it's done after dark when the snakes and gators come out just in case you're scared). It's great fun and they taste great too! Bucket list stuff...
Never seen a frog down here yet. Kind of strange.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
If you think about all the wading birds out during the day, a frog would be eaten instantly if it appeared during daylight. Frogs are nocturnal to survive.
With all the Eagles, osprey, heron, ahinga, cormeron and the dozens of other birds down here eating all day long it is a wonder that the fish, snake, lizard or frog population survives.

101 - 120 of 162 Posts