Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you!
To the Men who saw my son fishing and not catching yesterday in Barry county. He went without me because I had to work. I have fished for years and never caught a limit like this. He just turned 16 last week and was just itching to go by himself. He went to the closest lake he could find, only 5 minuets away. He fished for an hour catching nothing. (happen alot with us) After talking with a real Michigan Sportsman! who set him in the right spot next to him and gave a little coaching. The next hour he caught a limit of 8-9'' gills. What the picture doesn't show is the 3 older brothers who have never caught a limit. There jaws dropping and eyes popping out of there head. Untold jawing how the youngest outfishes the older 3. they think he's lying ect... This will ring in their ears for a long time. Me, I just smile. I will always remember him coming home. I asked him why he was home so fast (because he loves fishing) He says "caught my limit" I says "WHAT?" He says "yup"
And I must say Thank You!
To a real Michigan Sportsman!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Thank you!
To the Men who saw my son fishing and not catching yesterday in Barry county. He went without me because I had to work. I have fished for years and never caught a limit like this. He just turned 16 last week and was just itching to go by himself. He went to the closest lake he could find, only 5 minuets away. He fished for an hour catching nothing. (happen alot with us) After talking with a real Michigan Sportsman! who set him in the right spot next to him and gave a little coaching. The next hour he caught a limit of 8-9'' gills. What the picture doesn't show is the 3 older brothers who have never caught a limit. There jaws dropping and eyes popping out of there head. Untold jawing how the youngest outfishes the older 3. they think he's lying ect... This will ring in their ears for a long time. Me, I just smile. I will always remember him coming home. I asked him why he was home so fast (because he loves fishing) He says "caught my limit" I says "WHAT?" He says "yup"
And I must say Thank You!
To a real Michigan Sportsman!
That’s the stuff that makes the fishing world go round! Hats off to the man that helped him & hats off to the proud father being thankful enough to mention it. Priceless!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Trickle down effect, dad got him into fishing and showed him the ropes, kept it all positive and gave the kid the initiative to go try by himself, as luck would have it, because he went he ran into a top notch individual wanting/willing to help a young man out and it paid out for both. Kid comes home elated and Dad just as much and next time the kid will probably show the dad how to fish and with no apparent ego the dad will obviously let him try. Great story. Hopefully this becomes viral where the kid shows a couple others how to do it and then they each show a couple, etc...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts