Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over 2 years ago we found out my dad had bladder cancer. After a round of chemo he had surgery to remove his bladder and some other infected things 2 days before Christmas. Needless to say he wasn't able to hunt that year for the first time ever. Less then a year later we were told the cancer had returned, so it meant more chemo, this time two rounds back to back. He was able to get out a few times that year but didn't really have the desire. This year at his Oct. check-up he was given good news, clear CT scan. He was able to hunt this year and was excited about it again.
This buck was at about 125 yds, and he placed a perfect shot just behind the front shoulder with his 30-06. Deer went less then 30 yds. He wished it would have had brow tines, but still a nice 6 with a 14 1/2" inside spread. Way to go Dad!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Tell your dad congrats. My dad has had cancer for 6 yrs still fighting through it and hunting all the time. Got his best buck of 43 yrs hunting Friday so I believe the hunting gods help those bucks in front of them. I didn't get anything but one of my happiest opening days ever. Hope your dad has plenty of hunts to go

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Congrats to your dad. I pray that his health continues to improve.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Nice deer for your dad. Congrats

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Congratulations to your Dad on a awesome deer!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
I echo the comments on this thread regarding sending congrats to your dad.

He looks like a warrior! Many more hunts!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow it's been a busy opening weekend! Just found my step son Bryces' first buck, a basket 7 point. Thanks for the kind words towards my dad also. He is truly one of my best friends.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great story. Tell your dad congrats! My dad has esophageal cancer and has been going through treatments since his diagnosis last November. He killed his biggest buck ever last weekend. We'll see how things work out for him, I hope he and your dad have lots more big bucks to kill!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
290 Posts
So happy for you,your dad and your step son!what a wonderful deer season,in more ways then one.stay strong Mr.Dad,you have many more hunts ahead of you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts