Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I used to perch spear out of a frabil ranger, but never speared a pike out of it. The only problem I can see would be ceiling height and hitting your spear handle. I know some of the bigger and better ones would work. Find one with a side door. If you suspend decoys from the poles you won't be able to flip it open and you don't want to step over the hole if the door is on the front.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Cable management for decoys is a pain indeed. As well as using a longer spear.
I've found that running a single decoy helps minimize the clutter, and cut the handle short on a spear for that shack.

The other issue that becomes most bothersome for me, would be light penetration around the skirt.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Eskimo Evo2 has plenty of room for 2 guys and plenty of ceiling height for a full sized spear. The window covering could be a little tighter, but it's not a big deal. Whatever you use, get the insulated version.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I am actually thinking of a flip for spearing, , set up, and take down of course being the motivation. I hang my dekes from the top of my hub, so that would have to be worked out

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a rover 1.5. Works great but pulling it out with man gear can really be a problem in slush or deep snow. I cut a v in the ice above hole so I can get the decoy out in front of me further. 5 foot spear is no problem.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Bought a two man hub Eskimo to reduce weight. Takes s little longer to set up and take down but it's more roomy. Use medium jet sled to pull out gear. Like this program better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts