Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on snow accumulation......but they are calling for 20 to 30 mile winds tomorrow ... not going to make the 2 hour trip north due to wind...We landed 10 pike last Monday on Houghton ..combination of jigging and tip ups. Just kept 2 decent ones....We didn't have our shantys along....so I originally thought about heading up tomorrow to have a spearing session.....but will sit this one out and hope for better ice close to home soon...thanks much for the reply.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The water is clear enough to spear. A lot of the time when i see something on my graph I look down the hole and get my lure out of the way of the pike. It gets old catching them when your not targeting them. We got a heavy packing snow today, about 5-6 inches. No size limit and only one over 24" limit of 5. Come get some of them out of here. Lol

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
The water is clear enough to spear. A lot of the time when i see something on my graph I look down the hole and get my lure out of the way of the pike. It gets old catching them when your not targeting them. We got a heavy packing snow today, about 5-6 inches. No size limit and only one over 24" limit of 5. Come get some of them out of here. Lol
No size limit on houghton?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lol we couldn't keep those suckers off the line yesterday. Go out there and thin out the herd. Went through 2 dozen shiners and a bunch of walleye minnows. Landed well over 20 of them. Could see down there in 10 FOW when we were jigging tryin for eyes but they wouldn't leave. You want the gps coordinates I'll give them to you

·
Registered
926 Posts
No size limit on houghton?
What Jancoe said.
Check the DNR rules where the size and possesion limit chart is, Note 7.:)
Missaukee has the same now, no size limit and only one over 24 inches.
Never had the "only one over 24 inches" part before.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would love to know where the hammer handle honey hole is, I want to take my wife out next week and she won't last long if theres not much going on. That sounds like just the ticket.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Lol we couldn't keep those suckers off the line yesterday. Go out there and thin out the herd. Went through 2 dozen shiners and a bunch of walleye minnows. Landed well over 20 of them. Could see down there in 10 FOW when we were jigging tryin for eyes but they wouldn't leave. You want the gps coordinates I'll give them to you
I'll take those coordinates if you are willing to PM them. Buddy's parents have a place on west shore, we plan to take a weekend trip up this winter to spear and help thin the population a bit.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
What Jancoe said.
Check the DNR rules where the size and possesion limit chart is, Note 7.:)
Missaukee has the same now, no size limit and only one over 24 inches.
Never had the "only one over 24 inches" part before.
Missaukee has been no size limit/5 fish for long time. Didnt know they dropped the limit on houghton. I live right between them and would go to missaukee b/c i knew i could get some dinner. Will have to help clean out houghton now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts