Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
They sure did. They gave them two open shots in the same corner and the second one burned them.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Ah, Spartan football. Kind of like a train wreck - horrible and nasty, and yet for some reason you cant look away, there is some bizzare fascination with it that cant be explained. Just got back from the game. Might as well sell my season tickets. Bumbling plays, horrible QB's all around, poor coaching....and we havent even started conference play yet!! I mean golly, we managed to barely squeak by the powerhouse that is Western Michigan!!:rolleyes: Oh well, bring on basketball season. I think I would rather go to MSU than that worthless liberal cesspool in Ann Arbor anyways.....

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I think I would rather go to MSU than that worthless liberal cesspool in Ann Arbor anyways.....
Have to agree with you on that one...:)

MSU class of 96

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,130 Posts
Steely-Head, You are WAY too kind !! :D

I make no apologies for bleeding SPARTAN green !

FIJI - MSU class of '79

:D :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well, even if we don't have that great of a football team, I can't help but root on the green and white. I don't think i will be able to sit in the stands and watch teams pass on us as if our secondary is a bunch of high schoolers for many more games. I agree with Steely-Head, and it sure will be good to watch a little hoops. At least we know that we will be able to win a few conference games on the court. Now I am forced to sit down and watch the maze and blue already start to pile up the points and it is only mid way through the 2nd quarter. Oh well, I guess that is the price ya pay for rooting on Spartan football.

·
Registered
661 Posts
All you boys can bleed any color you would like,,,,

the sparties will STINK after you have bled out:p

The two teams I hate are msu and any team that plays MICHIGAN
but I do cheer on the Big 10, when smoker went down with a boo-boo on his two, the cream puff they brought in sure wasn't going to get the job done......

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
I think I would rather go to MSU than that worthless liberal cesspool in Ann Arbor anyways.....
Too bad the the boys from the liberal cesspool in Ann Arbor are going kick the snot out of the LOSERS who wear the green and white.

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!

BTW, Michigan is kicking major arse against the Irish.

ummmm....touchdown #3 for Perry!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Here's the deal...

I have a lot of respect for Izzo and the basketball program at MSU. The guy runs a tight ship, for the most part he tries to graduate his kids, and I can handle losing to them. I respect Izzo and the MSU basketball team as worthy adversaries, even if my basketball team has embarassed me lately. I bothers me when Robinson pleads out to a sexual assault and probably won't miss a game. I wish Tommy Amaker would run UofM's basketball program like Izzo runs MSU's.

Izzo runs the MSU basketball program like Lloyd Carr runs the football program. With 80+ kids there'll always be someone getting in trouble, but he handles it well. I have a few friends inside the football program at UofM still, and they say that Carr told Jackson before he took the polygraph test that if he failed it, he was out for a whole lot of games if not the whole year. You've gotta balance giving a young kid a second chance and what's best for the program, and those are the toughest decisions a coach makes. I've always been proud of how Lloyd Carr has handled situations like that.

I've had no respect for how the MSU football program has handled such problems in the past. Bobby Williams ran a joke of a program. Everyone I know on the MSU campus I went to high school with said it was a known fact Smoker ran with the dope heads. Williams recruited convicted child molestors and it's been alleged by MSU alumni that Williams used his connections to make sure the family didn't press charges against Foster and Knott. Without the support of the victim's family police had to take the lesser count.

Then JLS came in and said that would all change. What Smoker did last year wasn't the same as what guys like Maurice Clarett and Marlin Jackson did. Smoker's behavior embarassed the program and cost MSU wins last year. Smoker's problems affected his performance on the field. While I certainly am not defending Marlin Jackson, his behavior didn't cause UofM to lose.

JLS had a chance in the offseason to prove that this was indeed going to be a different MSU football team. Academics would be important, players wouldn't run around doing whatever they wanted as long as they won games, the program was going to be bigger than any one player. But faced with a horrible recruiting season last year because MSU took so long to hire a coach, JLS gave Smoker another chance.

Then the crap with Smoker leading the band and JLS slapping him. All I could think was, "how low-class is that?" If you're supposed to be a legitimate football program you don't celebrate beating a MAC team like you won the National Championship.

I once again have no respect for the MSU football program. Until they start acting like a legitimate program they won't be one.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hey Beave, what was that whole thing that happened with the UofM basketball program?? Dont preach about ethics. ;)

Im suprised UofM even allows football. After all, when the ball is in the air it might hit a defenseless dove or sparrow or something. At that point all the unshaven UofM women would have to organize some sort of protest in support of the defenseless doves, with slogans such as "football hurts." After the protest was over they would all go hug a tree and fry thier brains with all kinds of drugs. Exaggerating? I dont think its that far from the truth....

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,130 Posts

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Say what you want...the fact is U of M has the winningest program in college football history. Plus they have the classiest program in college football. So much so that everyone else wants their program to emulate that of U of M.

MSU can't even come close to that!!!

BTW.....4 touchdowns for Perry!!!!

We'll see how well the green and white fares next week against ND. There's no way MSU will be able to dominate the field like U of M has this week.

I can't wait for Nov. 1st in East Lansing. It'll be fun to see the maize and blue embarrass the sparties on their home turf. ;)

BTW, Not all of us at U of M are bleeding heart liberals!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Let me say this about our football program. Bobby Williams was a terrible coach, not a strict enforcer of rules, a crybaby, and an overall loser. John L. Smith is a sluggish, non-excitable, nobody who doesnt seem to have the enthusiasm to get the job done. Smoker IS a druggie. He is a below average QB and a poor leader by example. As for the back-up QB Dowdell...let me say this: He makes Smoker look like Brett Favre. Is our football program pathetic? The answer is yes. Do I support it? Yes. It is my team, and I will cheer for it, as hard as that gets.....things have to get better sooner or later....I think:eek:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.