Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any picture of bobcats from the southern part of the state? or real dark colored animals. My daughter is pretty sure she saw one in our backyard this evening. Her description is close to that of a bobcat, although the cat was very dark (almost black). All the pictures on the net seem to show the standard color phase and I would like to show her a darker one to see if that was what she really saw.

My daughter is typically pretty good at animal IDing and the animal was within 30 yards of our deck when she saw it. We live by the Barry State Game Area and I know that there are bobcats around here since I saw one about 10 years ago cross the road right by my house.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Tail or no tail

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hard to say could have been a really dirty cat or maybe it was in a shadow, or perhaps it was a large non native housecat that was let go or escaped...

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Bob in Southern, I know of two or three in our southern part of the state. Clinton Co. Ingham Co. Ionia Co. I have pinched one in Ingham Co. And heard one in Clinton, Ionia a real close friend saw one. I know they are here but in real small numbers.

Jon

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't see this one but have seen one here near the Barry State Game Area and a few times up between Roscommon and St. Helen. I was just hoping someone had a picture of a darker than normal one that my daughter could see. She says the pictures on the internet look like what she saw except for the coloration.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My buddy caught one in Allegan County between Plainwell and Martin quite a few years ago. It was the standard color you usually associate with bobcats.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Midland Co.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts