Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I'm from just north of Indiana border and there was 4 inches of good ice on a good sized lake and I caught 16 nice gills.Fridays cold weather firmed it up on quite a few lakes so check out some of the lakes or channels that had real good ice.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Back bays in Kent were good with 5-6". Shore ice sucks but your ok if you can get on the ice. Stay away from the river channel.

·
Registered
993 Posts
icefishermanmark said:
I live ona a private lake in White Lake, and there's 4-5 inches. Ya just have to look a little harder.
Yep, I fished three inland lakes this weekend, all in Oakland County, all had 4-6 inches of ice..

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Spikecamp, dont know how you know about all the lakes in Oakland County? While I'm sure there are unfishable lakes in Oakland county at this time its not "all" of them! And some people will argue that there is no such thing as "safe ice" I'm sure....

I was upnorth on Houghton Lake this past weekend (ice was great! :) ) but talked to a buddy this morning, over this past weekemd he fished White Lake, a small private "pond" in the Highland Area and the north bay of Oxbow Lake. All had "decent" ice for fishin! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts