Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Miner lake today after work, but had no luck... Just wondering if anyone else was out today around this area and how they did.. Seen a couple gills caught tonight but other than that it was pretty slow out there.. Miner had about 3 inches of good ice.. But it was nice not having to drive a couple of hours to do some ice fishing..

Stully

·
Registered
127 Posts
My son and I Fished in the channels at Gun Lake. It was a little slow but we took home 12 nice gills. Threw as many back. Like you said, just nice to get out without having to drive so far.
Had a friend call to say he went out to Hess Lake. They fished on the west side. Had 4 good inches of ice. They went mainly for pike. He was a little unhappy becuase everyone else was getting flags (and some nice pike) but he got none. He was using frozen smelt and everyone else was using live shiners. Shiners did the trick today.
He also reported some people got some specs on minnows.
Looks like next week we'll have a chioce of lakes to fish!
Now, time to fry some bluegills!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Welcome to the site Slim Gem! Thanks for the report on Hess, that's what I was waiting to hear. Like you said, next week looks like it'll be on almost eveywhere! YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!
Take care...sid

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Me and my buddy fished Bear, we did o.k nothing special. Saw guys on Swan catching perch and a couple guys on Elevan getting a few gills.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sounds like it was pretty slow for everyone today. I got out late and only managed one decent size perch. Hopefully we don't get too much snow this week, I don't want what ice we do have to sink.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went back to miner sunday and ended up with 23 decent gills. It took from 9:30 in the morning till dark to get those. NO Flags either. Hope the bite was better for you guys sunday..

Stully

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spanky,
Was in the Bay saturday. Ice 3 inches. Main Lake area was shaky.
Didnt test it. Sorry about the late post. Fished Sherman lake sunday and ice was 4 inches but there was no fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts