Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished off south river rd (jumped on at a the bar). fished from 12:30 till 4:45 with a ton of small perch (just like last year). only saw maybe 3 keepers cruise the hole. stopped at lakeside b&t only to find that they had 0 bait! some bait shop:lol: . ice was about 3.5" in the cove and all the fish went nuts for a purple glitter jig with a fake plastic maggot.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
explodingvarmints said:
fished off south river rd (jumped on at a the bar). fished from 12:30 till 4:45 with a ton of small perch (just like last year).
You mean like 12:30 am till 4:45 am. ??

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
alex-v said:
You mean like 12:30 am till 4:45 am. ??
SHHHHHHHHH everyone doesnt know thats when the JUMBO perch bite

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
explodingvarmints said:
stopped at lakeside b&t only to find that they had 0 bait! some bait shop:lol: .
Which shop? The one on Jefferson and 10 Mile or the one by the Harley Ensign launch?

Thinking about going out tomorrow and would like to pick up a few minnows.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was lakeside b&t on south river rd. near the harley ramp. place was a mess.... no heat (said the furnace was broke), all water pipes were frozen, no bait, hardly anything ready to buy! he said they should be getting bait in the next day or two.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
salmonslammer said:
That place is a joke :rolleyes: ...Nothing like the shop on 10 and jefferson.
i agree with you on that one for sure. i can't imagine how tough it must be to own/run a bait shop and make enoug money to justify doing it.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
explodingvarmints said:
it was lakeside b&t on south river rd. near the harley ramp. place was a mess.... no heat (said the furnace was broke), all water pipes were frozen, no bait, hardly anything ready to buy! he said they should be getting bait in the next day or two.
They had been closed for a week or two or more because of slow business. The staff down at the original store did say they would open once the people who walk on water started going out.

If we go out I am going to want some real small minnows. Guess I will have to make some calls this afternoon.

The place has the same stuff as 10 & Jefferson just not as much. The prices are the same. It is the bait department that still needs some work. I would suspect it is a case of supply and demand. If more people stopped in to pick up live bait there then the supply would improve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts