Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wasn’t able to get out much last season due to conditions and was wondering if Ricks Bait Shop in Whitmore Lake was still open? I had heard it was closed. And besides MyTechTronics is there any other bait shop in the area that has minnows? Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I wasn’t able to get out much last season due to conditions and was wondering if Ricks Bait Shop in Whitmore Lake was still open? I had heard it was closed. And besides MyTechTronics is there any other bait shop in the area that has minnows? Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated.
saw him posting on fb that he opens at 7.New building at100 barker rd

·
Registered
670 Posts
Fantastic first day out for me! Everything between 7 1/2” and 9” View attachment 810508
Nice Job Berbaw! I had a tough day yesterday. Lots of dink perch and not a lot of marks. Saw a few nice pike caught on tip-ups, just not on my tip-ups, LOL! Did manage one very nice fat Crappie, great fish samich filets! It had a nearly digested 3" gill in its stomach.
Oh well, I considered yesterday the "shake-down cruise". Shook of all the dust, found a few things that needed to be tweeked, so all ready for the next outing. Tight lines out there fellas, be safe, and don't forget your creepers, it's a hockey rink out there on most lakes!

Fish Food Marine biology Ray-finned fish Electric blue
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Fast food
Food Water Liquid Ingredient Fluid

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I think it is called For Men Only second hand hunting clothes and some bait.On GrandRiver between Chemung and Woodland.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think it is called For Men Only second hand hunting clothes and some bait.On GrandRiver between Chemung and Woodland.
That is the name of the place. Went past it on my way to the lake yesterday. Didn't know it was there so I had already been to Tech Tronics. For Men looked like a nice place from the outside. Interestingly enough, their name doesn't pop-up on a Google search for live bait in Livingston County though.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Gotta love getting those occasional mud pups! Crazy cool creatures for sure. Like Michcats said, they are a very good sign of the health of the ecosystem. Any quality amphibian population in and around a body of water will tell you the story of how that area is doing. No frogs, turtles, muddies, or salamanders is not a good sign for that area. Great job out there Berbaw!!

Reactions: Petoskey

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gotta love getting those occasional mud pups! Crazy cool creatures for sure. Like Michcats said, they are a very good sign of the health of the ecosystem. Any quality amphibian population in and around a body of water will tell you the story of how that area is doing. No frogs, turtles, muddies, or salamanders is not a good sign for that area. Great job out there Berbaw!!
Thank you! Same lake in the past, I had one come up my hole, audibly burp up a slurry of mud and fibrous plant matter, and swim away. That could be my most unbelievable moment of my whole life of fishing. I had a guy fishing right next to me in the shanty and I sat there for like 10 seconds with my jaw dropped speechless trying to process what I just witnessed. They are very interesting creatures!

·
Registered
670 Posts
That is a crazy story! It's almost as if he was coming up to say "hi" in mudpuppy. LOL! I agree, they are cool creatures! Unfortunately don't see them as often as I used to back in the day. Have a great hard water season and be safe out there!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I caught a giant on the Detroit river wish i had a pick being wear i was thought pet gator at first lol

61 - 80 of 92 Posts