Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have openings this fall for rifle, muzzleloader, and archery hunts. Rifle applications are due July 15 but muzzleloader and archery tags are available over the counter. All hunts are 5 days and include your lodging, meals, and guide.

We had a fantastic 2016 season with 100% shot opportunities for every single hunt.
Muzzleloader tags are Whitetail only and archery tags are for muleys or whitetails. If you do not get a legitimate shot opportunity, and we are not completely booked, you are welcome to come back at a later date at no extra charge.

Check us out on facebook at Pahapesto Guiding Service or visit www.huntbadnation.com
Also, feel free to shoot me an email with any questions at [email protected]

Rifle Hunt: $2,500
Muzzleloader: $2,250
Archery: $1,750

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last season there was a 50% chance to draw on your first try in our unit which is West River Deer Unit 60A. The applications are due By 8 am on July 14 and you should know within a couple days. If there are leftover tags after the first draw there is a second drawing at a later date.
The season dates are November 11-26.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Why wouldn't you draw if there are left over tags? Also if you allow the hunters to come back if they don't kill would I be able to come opening day and stay until I kill? I like to be picky and harvest a good buck and I hate the pressure of trying to get it done because I only have 5 to 7 days. I'm not the kind of guy that will kill just so I don't go home empty handed. I can come hunt and have a great time without going home with a deer to mount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes hunters that draw turn down their tags for whatever reason. Those tags go back into the pool for a second draw.
Whether or not our hunters are able to come back later in the season is based on if they have a shot opportunity or not. It has nothing to do with the kill. We allow hunters to come back if they do not receive a legitimate shot opportunity and when they can come back depends on our available dates. Normally those open dates are in December.
That's very respectable. We only take mature bucks no matter how big they are when they're young.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes hunters that draw turn down their tags for whatever reason. Those tags go back into the pool for a second draw.
Whether or not our hunters are able to come back later in the season is based on if they have a shot opportunity or not. It has nothing to do with the kill. We allow hunters to come back if they do not receive a legitimate shot opportunity and when they can come back depends on our available dates. Normally those open dates are in December.
That's very respectable. We only take mature bucks no matter how big they are when they're young.
That's not to say that we haven't had young bucks taken, because that has happened in the past although it is rare because we do our very best to be with all of our hunters in the field.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.