Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I went out fishing with my soon to be Wife and her dad for a little fishing and bonding time. We wanted to fish the ditch for perch but she was a little angry so we headed up in the river for some relief. We checked a few areas looking for perch and panfish. Didn't find any until we made it up by Russell Island. We sat on this area for a 3 hours and caught perch, rockies,sheepshead and a few nice smallies. Pic will follow of the big smallie. We had a frigted go by that sucked all the water out from under us.lol We went from 5 fow to 2 fow then back to 5 fow as the tidal wave hit us after it passed.:lol: All in all a good day out there had fun. We are hitting it again today but this time we are running the little boat and hunting for some bigs gills & Sunnies. Then we might go out and drag tubes for bass later in the day. I will post pics later tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
"We had a frigted go by that sucked all the water out from under us.lol We went from 5 fow to 2 fow then back to 5 fow as the tidal wave hit us after it passed.:lol: "

we used to fish all around there, had a cottage in algonac.

we used the little beaches on the walpole side of the south channel for swimming. when the freighter sucked the water out we would run out there and wait for the wave to wash us back to shore.

we didn't have to call in either. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts