Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing how the extended season for squirrels is winding down thought my 12 year old son and I should take advantage of it yesterday. Shortly after entering the woods we saw the first one scramble up a hickory tree. I handed my son the gun and then walked around the tree. The squirrel came into view for him and he pulled the trigger, down he came. After recovering it, we continued on our walk and soon spied 2 more fox chasing each other in the snow. After a short stalk we had both of them in the trees. I kept my eye on one but the other might have found a hole to disappear in. We managed two squirrel, no rabbits. Saw three rabbits on the drive home sitting in the thickets along the road. While cleaning the first squirrel had a pellet from a bb/pellet gun fall out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That is awesome. I love to hear about the first hunt of a young hunter. My first successful hunt was on a fox squirrel with my dad as well. That is a memory neither him, or you will ever forget. Congrats.

Jay

G

·
Tell your son congrats!

And congrats to you for achieving a dream.

I have a two month old (my first) and I go to bed every night thinking about the hunts that he and I will share together.

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Congrats to your son.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I wonder who stuck a BB in its but . Could this be your son's first official squirrel hunt;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts