Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Ben shot his first buck (4 pt.) Sat. at around 11:00.

We had a button buck decided to take a break and lay down less than 10 yards form our stand. We thought that his mama would come looking for him soon and that we may get a shot at her. Well 3 hours later mama had not returned. The button had stayed put for that whole time except for standing and shifting his position once in awhile.
All of a sudden Ben hears a twig snap and looks too our right, thinking it was the doe. To our surprise it had horns. He walked right in and at 10 yards stood there broad side. Ben was in position waiting for the OK to squeeze the trigger and when I said "take him" it was all over but the shouting. There was plenty of hooting and hollaring, high fives.

The funny part, the button buck never moved. We had to climb down and chase him off. Ben got within 5 feet before he stood up, and still had to charge and screem at him to get him to run off.

overall a fantastic morning in the woods. This makes a great year for him, he shot his first turkey this spring. What a year.

I have a picture in my gallery and have no idea how to add it to this thread. Is there some help out there for this dim wit, thanks.

·
Administrator
17,772 Posts
Great job! Way to go Ben!

<----<<<

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The first of many I'll bet, excellent job Ben congrats to you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts