Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you raise your kids to look for good deals and my son went over my expectations today.
We started out with going to look at a couple boat trailers for his 14 ft Meyers boat but nothing interesting.
He dropped me off as he had to meet his buddy to go golfing. On his way he passed a house where a man was just putting out his 14ft Mirrocraft, 9,8 Mercury motor and awesome trailer. He turned into the neighbors drive and went and talked to the man. made a great deal and calls me. Thinking he was joking I played it cool untill he asks where he can park it. I look out and sure enough......hes got it!
Ive been looking for a good motor and he found a complete package!
$1000.00 for the complete package and its a 2000.
Am i jealous...............YES but darn proud. Now Im hoping I get to borrow the motor as rent for storage!
:lol: Sounds far to me:lol:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Wow good for him! I paid more for mine than that and mine is OLD with less horse power!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Have him lookout for a little aluminum one for me.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant answer that yet because he left for Florida this morning.(I remember those single days).
He "talked" about trying out the Mirrocraft compared to his Meyers and selling one of them. I will DEFINATLY post on here his decision.
He will be back in two weeks.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I found a similair deal with my 14' grumman fully loaded for $1000. Even has an airated live well and foot control trolling motor but i need a new motor for it. The motor it has only goes forward and slips out of gear in full speed so i'm looking for a 15hp or a 20hp. but still i'm very happy with my purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts