Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Son Scores on Opening Weekend

3K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  ST8 
#1 ·
I'm very fortunate to have a son (Henry) who helps me with all of the projects and maintenance on our property. The tilling, planting, fertilizing, mowing, rock clearing, tree stand hanging, road work, brush busting and on and on....
Well tonight he was rewarded with a nice fat 6 point buck. Henry was sitting in a ground blind looking over one of our brassica and oat plots when the deer came in this evening at 6:20PM. He waited for him to turn broadside and then made a picture perfect 27yd. shot, taking out both lungs and clipping the top of the heart. He texted me the news and after getting some details from him and waiting 30 minute,s we took up the trail. We found his deer about 100 yards later.
It was a great ending to our opening weekend.
Clothing Photograph Deer Sleeve T-shirt
Plant Shorts Working animal Hat Tree
Plant Shorts Working animal Hat Tree

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats to your son!!

#19 ·
Congrats to you and you son!
<----<<<

#20 ·
I'm very fortunate to have a son (Henry) who helps me with all of the projects and maintenance on our property. The tilling, planting, fertilizing, mowing, rock clearing, tree stand hanging, road work, brush busting and on and on....
Well tonight he was rewarded with a nice fat 6 point buck. Henry was sitting in a ground blind looking over one of our brassica and oat plots when the deer came in this evening at 6:20PM. He waited for him to turn broadside and then made a picture perfect 27yd. shot, taking out both lungs and clipping the top of the heart. He texted me the news and after getting some details from him and waiting 30 minute,s we took up the trail. We found his deer about 100 yards later.
It was a great ending to our opening weekend. View attachment 192140 View attachment 192141 View attachment 192141
Congratulations to your son!

#25 ·
Thanks, all for the kind words. We had the inner loins tonight for dinner... my favorite meal(s) of the year, definitely the best of the best.
My daughter is up next. Grace (14) had a buck 15yds broadside on Sat. night, but although we were "legal" per the time tables, it was just too dark for her to be confident in the shot. Just as proud of her for knowing not to loose an arrow, plenty of season left to seal the deal.
Looking ahead to this Sat and Sun, the weather may be perfect for a "Fur, Fin and Feather" weekend.

Safe hunting and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.