Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta give credit to the new scent lok suit that I bought from Cabellas. While sitting in my tree stand tonight, I had a bird land on ME!!. The bird touched down on my knee, stayed there for a few secs and then flew off. As if that wasn't enough it happened again. This time the bird landed on my shoulder. I got say this is pretty freaking crazy. They were just finches but I stayed motionless while they were there.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Have had that happen myself many times over the years, no scent loc. I have had deer lay down within 5 feet of me while wearing a ghille.

Man when I think of all the great things that can happen in the woods, no wonder I love the outdoors.:)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
the birds scence of smell is not that great...however their vision is awesome, so you had great camo and were sitting still too...that would be cool:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Almost every year I'll have a chickadee land on me, it's pretty cool. The freakiest was when I had a squirrel jump on to me from a nearby tree. I don't know who was more freaked out, me or the squirrel!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Thats cool. Its wonderfull what we get to see and experiance while sitting quietly in the woods, becoming part of it. Its what its all about. The animals we harvest are just a bonus. Its so sad that there are so many people who dont know whats out there or will ever get to experiance what we do. I also have had my fare share of wonderfull things happen to me in the outdoors.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Thats always cool when it happens. Woke up from an afternoon nap during gun season one time to find a chipmunk on top of my boot.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I sat in my treestand one morning and had a hawk or owl of some type fly right at my face. :yikes:

I was in full camo which included a fur-lined hood that my mom had made for me. The outside was made from camo fleece and inside liner was the fur out of an old hat my grandpa used to wear. Just as it started to get light out, I watched this large bird land in the top of a tree about 75-100 yards away. It scanned the area for several minutes then seemed to concentrate in my direction...... in fact, right at the tree I was in. All of the sudden it took flight towards me. At first, I was amazed at how this bird was flying through all those trees without making a sound and thought it would just fly on by. It quickly became obvious that he was headed right at my head though so I threw my hands up in the air and it let out a screach as it turn just in front of me. I have no doubt it had focused on that fur around my face thinking it was some sort of an animal or something perched in a tree. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
241 Posts
ill give them props when a deer comes up and takes a bite of the suit or beds down on someone wearing one

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Harpo - that is a great story! Only once have I had a bird land on me. I regularly recount this story, especially to non-hunters, saying it's one of the most exciting experiences I've every had while hunting.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have chickadees land on me while hunting, quite often. I also have a favorite (2nd generation) ground blind that will always have a shrew in it, thus "the shrew blind". I feed it pistachios while passing the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts