Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I thought I was a pretty hard core steelheader, but I think this guy has anybody beat!

Also, got a small steelhead with that dolphin nose disease. I think that's what they call it.

Didn't know steelhead got this disease. I do now, lol.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Lk. St. Clair flashback: The April 1st waverunners and jet-skiiers at the mouth of the Clinton River and Campau Bay right next to the river. 40 degree water and a big crane chasing them as they try to enter/exit the river. Almost every early spring...Even the local news covers the crane as it chases anyone near his domain...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
The trout in your pic probably has a birth defect. Kind of like a human that was born with a cleft pallet (sp?)
Of course 500 years from now someone is going to find the fossil of that fish and call it evolution.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
A blunt nose is not rare in pen or hatchery raised Steelies. Getting caught in the small mesh of pens or continually bumping agains't the side walls in crowded tanks can cause this. But if it is a sharp/straight cut, it may well be a clipping error by a near sighted, or one late for dinner Fisheries Biologest. :evil:

·
Registered
256 Posts
As passionate as you are about fishing and the internet, there are people just as passionate or more about watersking. In this case, some may even say crazy. However, in a few more years, if the fishery crashes as predicted, watersking sounds like a good use for the boat. Downriggers and rod holders off, ski mast on! I am hoping the fishery doesn't crash, but it is good to have a back up plan. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Having spent a fair bit of time in a trout hatchery,oddities like that are more common than you think.Two tails,two heads,pretzel spines etc.As long as they can feed,they will live.The spine challenged won't make.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts