Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and a buddy have 20 acres off of US12 just east of US127. we were wanting to plant a mix of clover and chicory going up the one side and an acre of turnips on the other side. we do not have the machinery or resources to really do it and was wondering if anyone on here knows of anybody in that area that could help us out this year. for a fair price of course. THANK YOU!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
You can do it yourself with minimal equipment. Get a backpack sprayer and a handheld spreader and you will be good to go. I would get Ed Spin's foodplot book-it will tell you all you need to know.

Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Tornado Jim
20,026 Posts
me and a buddy have 20 acres off of US12 just east of US127. we were wanting to plant a mix of clover and chicory going up the one side and an acre of turnips on the other side. we do not have the machinery or resources to really do it and was wondering if anyone on here knows of anybody in that area that could help us out this year. for a fair price of course. THANK YOU!
You are not far from Jake Ehlinger, who sells seeds at great prices. Check him out at http://www.hunters-habitat.com/ and give him a call. Jake can help you lay out the plan and get you the right seed for our area. Jake and I are both right near Devil's Lake.

Are you aware of our deer co-operative? It is called the Bean Creek Co-op and there are a lot of resources available if you get on our mailing list and attend our meetings.

Last thing I will mention is to contact Lobrass on this site. He puts in food plots for folks for a price.

PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in discussing further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.