Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Somebody call a CO.....

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  MI-Dan 
#1 ·
I look out my window this morning only too see some punk doe eating one of my pumpkins. I just can't believe that by now she doesn't know the law the feeding of deer in the LP:Modified_:Modified_.

#2 ·
Now you are going to go to jail for not keeping the pumpkin out of reach from the deer. You may need to use barbed wire and chicken wire to keep the deer out next year so you don't end up in the clink.

#8 ·
Personally I think your irresponsible... I have an apple tree and I spent 500 dollars installing a net around the tree to catch all falling apples.. I will not be accused of baiting!!!!! ;)

#9 ·
Be careful of that which you ask to happen. An officer up here last year wrote a ticket to a landowner that had put out straw for his tame geese. A deer had walked up to their pond and took a drink. The deer walked off. A neighbor (?) complained. The officer saw the track and ticketed the landowner even when it is a known fact that deer do not eat straw. The court backed up the officer when the landowner fought this ticket. Geese all became dinner. No need for any more straw. Now they can ticket this man for having a pond with fish in it. Baiting with water. Go figure:rolleyes:!

Before you ask or wonder, yes, it was dried yellow wheat straw and not hay of any kind. There was no grain attached to any of the straw. Just straw that is used for animal bedding. Oops the deer must have wanted to go to bed. . .??????

#11 ·
If you have not figured out my previous post, the only mistake the landowner made was in representing himself in court. Some officers seem to count on that happening as that is more expensive than paying a ticket that is not deserved.

#12 ·
If you have not figured out my previous post, the only mistake the landowner made was in representing himself in court. Some officers seem to count on that happening as that is more expensive than paying a ticket that is not deserved.
Why would anyone go to court without a lawyer on a misdemeanor charge? That wasn't a speeding ticket the landowner got.

#14 ·
someone on here...will probaby go out of their way on here and find where you live... and really call.. wouldnt put it past some of the people on here:rolleyes:
Isn't it a school night.

A deer had walked up to their pond and took a drink. The deer walked off. A neighbor (?) complained. The officer saw the track and ticketed the landowner even when it is a known fact that deer do not eat straw. The court backed up the officer when the landowner fought this ticket
Sorry RW, I've got to call BS, I believe rumours and propoganda.:)

#15 ·
This is a great country so it is your choice to accept what you wish. But truth is still stranger than fiction. How many first hand examples do you want, I can give you several over the more than a half century of hunting and fishing. I was not the landowner but a very different neighbor. IMO officers and judges are like any other group of citizens or people, some good and some bad. I am glad that you have never witnessed any negative experiences. May that be case in all of your future outdoor endeavors.

#17 ·
:lol: I've got them coming into my yard but because of apple trees. So what the hell do I do with all the apples I've picked up so I can clean up the leaves? Dig a ******* hole?
It's not illegal to shoot a deer under an apple tree. It's a naturally occuring food source that wasn't placed there. Me personally I'm for baiting coming back in the LP. Hardly used it, but in some circumstances it was very helpful. Like hunting my mother in laws couple acre lot in Dec. Anywho, just thought you should know you can shoot a deer under it.;)

#18 ·
:lol: I've got them coming into my yard but because of apple trees. So what the hell do I do with all the apples I've picked up so I can clean up the leaves? Dig a ******* hole?

I have the same problem. Three apple trees in the back yard leaves a TON of apples. We used to rake them up and dump them on our property along with the leaves. The intent was never for bait, just to get them out of the yard. Put them in the dumpster last year. Not fun!

#19 ·
Be careful of that which you ask to happen. An officer up here last year wrote a ticket to a landowner that had put out straw for his tame geese. A deer had walked up to their pond and took a drink. The deer walked off. A neighbor (?) complained. The officer saw the track and ticketed the landowner even when it is a known fact that deer do not eat straw. The court backed up the officer when the landowner fought this ticket. Geese all became dinner. No need for any more straw. Now they can ticket this man for having a pond with fish in it. Baiting with water. Go figure:rolleyes:!

Before you ask or wonder, yes, it was dried yellow wheat straw and not hay of any kind. There was no grain attached to any of the straw. Just straw that is used for animal bedding. Oops the deer must have wanted to go to bed. . .??????
well duh we all know he should have just planted it...it would have been a legal food plot ;) haha:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.