Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough to get deer past this stage of their life in my area but it's good pre season so far.

White Plant Light Black Organism

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Deer

Plant White Light Black Flash photography

Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape Terrestrial plant

Plant Nature Black Flash photography Branch

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure some of you have noticed but my cams are confirming the "shift" started in the last 5-7 days. Bucks started to show up on cams that have been mostly does so far and other cams buck activity slowed way down. Here's hoping the neighbors have been hiding the B1G1 all summer...

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I'm sure some of you have noticed but my cams are confirming the "shift" started in the last 5-7 days. Bucks started to show up on cams that have been mostly does so far and other cams buck activity slowed way down. Here's hoping the neighbors have been hiding the B1G1 all summer...
I’m not the one hiding him! I haven’t noticed the shift yet, just the usual suspects, hoping a couple of last years survivors make their way back home for the fall and see what they turned into. Couple of the boys, if pattern holds true, have a couple weeks yet before moving back home. Time will tell.

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m not the one hiding him! I haven’t noticed the shift yet, just the usual suspects, hoping a couple of last years survivors make their way back home for the fall and see what they turned into. Couple of the boys, if pattern holds true, have a couple weeks yet before moving back home. Time will tell.
Not sure where they were the last 2 seasons but the does are back in force! Running my batteries dead on doe pics. Lol

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Not sure where they were the last 2 seasons but the does are back in force! Running my batteries dead on doe pics. Lol
You better get a solar panel so you don’t miss any of the big boys.

Reactions: HUBBHUNTER

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
None of those are old enough? Nice bucks. Not a one would walk past me
No I’m not saying that. They’re good bucks. Most years we have a good crop of bucks like that in the area and with small parcels and heavy hunting they all end up on someone’s wall. Nothing wrong that, I have a few. Just wondering what one more year could do.

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
No I’m not saying that. They’re good bucks. Most years we have a good crop of bucks like that in the area and with small parcels and heavy hunting they all end up on someone’s wall. Nothing wrong that, I have a few. Just wondering what one more year could do.
Would be neat to see and agree!! Know I don't have the 1,000 acres around me to find out why I said they wouldn't walk past me :)
Good luck with the one you choose to let the arrow fly on!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Would be neat to see and agree!! Know I don't have the 1,000 acres around me to find out why I said they wouldn't walk past me :)
Good luck with the one you choose to let the arrow fly on!
This is exactly why Michigan will always be, well… Michigan. Too many hunters hunting too many small parcels with terrible regulations. So many “good” bucks will never become “great” bucks. One can dream though.

·
Premium Member
16,342 Posts
This is exactly why Michigan will always be, well… Michigan. Too many hunters hunting too many small parcels with terrible regulations. So many “good” bucks will never become “great” bucks. One can dream though.
There are two, very legit, sides to that coin though.

No point in letting it drive ya nuts. Until the DNR actually learn to manage, this is where we are, and shall remain.

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Meant to tell you... 2 of the big boys were between your place and our road sunday night. Big enough to see they were BIG but too far to count points.

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool story, but withholding information can result in a return favor and tilling your plot for you a second time….maybe October for best results? 🤔🤔
Hey now, better late than never. 1000% thanks for the tilling! That’s what brought all the does back! I ended up putting down 300#s of seed in that half acre-ish. It’s going to need all of that!

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Plant Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Deer

Really had an active photo dump this morning. The top pic is a buck I was really excited about back in June. He carries some good mass but never really developed any tine lenth, just some junk up top. He could be cool next year. Lots of sparring going on.
Deer Sky Black-and-white Tree Horn

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts