Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Some last ice action

1414 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Lever4ever
Hit Fair Haven today, ice was sketchy to say the least. Stayed in close and although it wasn't on fire we managed some nice fish. Best bite came from about 10-12 on beads and spoons with fish eye. The perch in the pic are from two of us, seemed to shut right off at noon. Landed a nice pike too, which was fun in the light tackle through a 5" hole. If you go take a spud and keep it in front of you.
Food Fish Wood Ingredient Cuisine
Snow Crocodilia Reptile Scaled reptile Tail
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Damn that is a nice pike. Only way to land them is the way that spoon is hanging in the side of his mouth.
Had a decent afternoon there Monday the 12th. Now it's about gone. Raft tomorrow morning.
Food Grey Recipe Staple food Cuisine

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Hit Fair Haven today, ice was sketchy to say the least. Stayed in close and although it wasn't on fire we managed some nice fish. Best bite came from about 10-12 on beads and spoons with fish eye. The perch in the pic are from two of us, seemed to shut right off at noon. Landed a nice pike too, which was fun in the light tackle through a 5" hole. If you go take a spud and keep it in front of you. View attachment 301930 View attachment 301931
Last ice has been around for two weeks now :lol:
Reactions: GRUDER
The raft might hold for 2 more. Lol

Last ice has been around for two weeks now [emoji38]
Still plenty of ice gonna be making more with the night temps were having

Attachments

Reactions: GRUDER
Only kept 3 this afternoon, I'll be there in the morning. Gonna be a beautiful day.

Had a decent day today at the raft. Felt great to be out. Most of the action was on pure diamond willow and glow blue bug eye with dead minnows. Also got a sunburn but that's OK.
Food Fish Ray-finned fish Metal Art
Water Sky Water resources Azure Snow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Here's how I did at the Raft today. Biggest is 11.5". Perfect weather to enjoy a bucket ride, wish the hogs woulda been more co-operative.
Fish Fluid Recipe Dish Ray-finned fish

Had a decent day today at the raft. Felt great to be out. Most of the action was on pure diamond willow and glow blue bug eye with dead minnows. Also got a sunburn but that's OK. View attachment 303311 View attachment 303312

Sent from my SM-G935V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Long-stick at SANG has been good, first and last light, behind AP. Lady picked up a 28" pike at the porch on a perch rig. 20 yesterday, 20ish today, none kept under 9".
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.