Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally made the run over to the Canadian side today only to find MUD just about everywhere. The deeper we went into Canadian water, the worse it got...

We finally found some fishable "grey" water by back-tracking toward the Weather Bouy and did get a decent/ slow but steady bite going. Ended up keeping 56 out of 100 or so. Smaller fish seemed to move in around 1:00 pm. :dizzy:

Rough, windy, cold and damp. But man, catching perch is a blast :lol:

Here are a few on top of the cooler. I did not line them up too well with the marks to get a decent measurement....but nothing over 12 1/2.

As usual, 'don't'.NOAA was way off on their forecast....It was rough, windy, and cold and we had a little more than "sprinkles" coming in :lol:

Good luck to all fishing tomorrow !!! If you hit some decent looking water, fish it !!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Good job in tough conditions!!! I wanted to go Sunday but the last time I rushed it after a good blow, I found the mud as well. I really thought that area would clean up a little quicker but as keep finding out, what the hell do I know. I'll be out in the morning trying to get on some kind of decent bite. Enjoy your dinners! :)

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
definitely some nice dinners there! thats doin' pretty darn well for having such adverse conditions!

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Don't NOAA.... That's funny!!

But true...

Nice job hunting up the convicts!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
definitely some nice dinners there!
Oh yeah. We cruised through last Monday's catch in two dinners last week... 10 people total :SHOCKED: and those were some big fillets. It's great to see the "timid about eating fish" people go back for seconds and thirds :chillin:

My saute pan gathers no dust this time of year :lol: Cooking another big batch tonight :corkysm55

Laura

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello we fished right behind you guys in the red white and blue SEARAY u did a little better than us considering how many people we had ended up with 89 keepers lots in the 12-13" range what a blast although took a little while to ajust after those waves what a workout have to agree on the weather forcast winds were not light and variable but all in all a good day and nice perch dinner lastnight hope to see you 2 again good luck and tight lines

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hello we fished right behind you guys in the red white and blue SEARAY u did a little better than us considering how many people we had ended up with 89 keepers lots in the 12-13" range what a blast although took a little while to ajust after those waves what a workout have to agree on the weather forcast winds were not light and variable but all in all a good day and nice perch dinner lastnight hope to see you 2 again good luck and tight lines
Hi Hookersrus :Welcome: to this GREAT site. Glad to hear you got em too !
Nice job in some tough conditions. We left just in time to get rained on most of the rough ride home :eek: I finally came up with a "signature line" as a result of yesterdays weather :lol:

Meanwhile, there are a bunch of people out fishing today and I am really curious to know how they do !
Best regards, Laura

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Thanks for the report and pics, I enjoy reading your posts.:) Have a great day. tightlinesyall

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Well Laura, you were right about fishing today, I should have gone to work and saved the vacation day! They were calling for 5 - 10 or 5 - 15 depending on the forecaster. Took the day off to head out Perching with my son. As we ran accross the lake the waves and white caps were building and the water became too muddy as we neared the spot we wanted to fish. Moved back out to where the water clarity wasn't too bad and tried to anchor in 4 - 5 footers. 175 ft of line along with a chain and I was still occasionally slipping. By now the wind was howling 20 knots with higher gusts. We said screw this and headed back to the US side. Picked up 20 Perch for dinner and threw in the towel and was back to the dock before 11 AM. :sad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Laura,we left right before you guys did nice to know that people from this site are friendly and are just trying to do the same thing we are catch fish. we target lots of different species mostly eat what we catch but occaisionally troll or cast for muskie/pike c&r of course thanks again for the welcome sure we will see you again soon will stop by and say hello, good luck Brian

·
Registered
32 Posts
Meanwhile, there are a bunch of people out fishing today and I am really curious to know how they do !
Best regards, Laura

Unfortunately, my daughter and I were out there today. I really made a big mistake by taking her out there today. I had the day off so we made the trip from Deckers to just North of some light house. I don't know if it is the SC light or not, but I think so.

She has never really been out on a lake like St.Clair but I really wanted to catch some fish with her, maybe I want it too bad. After I stopped her from crying by reassuring her that we were not going to sink, we started to fish at about 10:40. At 10:43 she became sea-sick. Then after 20 minutes of unsuccessfully trying to untangle the anchor rope from around the outdrive, I cut the anchor line and we headed back for a nice leisurely hour ride with her getting sick in the cabin.

At this point I am seriously considering selling the boat and coming out of retirement from motocross. I have been out 3 times and caught just as many fish with my Yamaha YZ450F as I have on my boat; and the only person that cries when riding, is me. (when I am waiting for the ER Doctor to put me back together again)

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Paul, LSC can be unforgiving at times, especially in Novemeber when the water is cold. Never underestimate what it is capable of. The lake is shallow so the waves are close together which can cause problems for smaller boats. Don't give up, some guys get some decent action in anchor bay. Wish I could help you out with that but I don't fish over there. Good luck!

·
Banned
2,145 Posts
Good job in tough conditions!!! I wanted to go Sunday but the last time I rushed it after a good blow, I found the mud as well. I really thought that area would clean up a little quicker but as keep finding out, what the hell do I know. I'll be out in the morning trying to get on some kind of decent bite. Enjoy your dinners! :)
I usually just like to relax after a good blow.

No sense going fishing...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Laura, you were right about fishing today, I should have gone to work and saved the vacation day! They were calling for 5 - 10 or 5 - 15 depending on the forecaster. Took the day off to head out Perching with my son. As we ran accross the lake the waves and white caps were building and the water became too muddy as we neared the spot we wanted to fish. Moved back out to where the water clarity wasn't too bad and tried to anchor in 4 - 5 footers. 175 ft of line along with a chain and I was still occasionally slipping. By now the wind was howling 20 knots with higher gusts. We said screw this and headed back to the US side. Picked up 20 Perch for dinner and threw in the towel and was back to the dock before 11 AM. :sad:
Dang, I could not believe you went! I saw a forecast last night calling for gust to 30 MPH for today. I thought for sure you would call it. Had some friends go out today too and they got BEAT UP !!!!

Meanwhile, Paul: Ouch, not a good day to take a smaller craft and a kid out. Glad you made it in safe :dizzy:

IceGuy: Aw shucks, thanks :chillin:

Hookersrus: Stop by and say howdy anytime you run across us out there :)

Laura

·
Banned
2,145 Posts
Dang, I could not believe you went! I saw a forecast last night calling for gust to 30 MPH for today. I thought for sure you would call it. Had some friends go out today too and they got BEAT UP !!!!

Meanwhile, Paul: Ouch, not a good day to take a smaller craft and a kid out. Glad you made it in safe :dizzy:

IceGuy: Aw shucks, thanks :chillin:

Hookersrus: Stop by and say howdy anytime you run across us out there :)

Laura
Ya, buy GF has a FISHING boat....

No such thing as "too rough out"

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I usually just like to relax after a good blow.

No sense going fishing...
Im married, no gales of november for me....:mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts