Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
7,430 Posts
Obvious those groups were not forward thinkers. In their opinion they have a vested interest but in the big picture they have none since they were not at the table in the beginning.

As for enforcement the DNR is charged with enforcing the sport fishers but are not allowed to enforce anything in regards to the tribal fishermen per the Federal courts. The tribe provides enforcement on tribal regulations, if they choose to not enforce their regulations it’s their choice. Non tribal members do not know if action was taken or not taken.
You didn't answer the second question because you do not want to
A business can't have a seat at the table if the business wasn't around when the table was set.

· Premium Member
7,430 Posts

· Premium Member
7,430 Posts
Josh
If you are talking about the failure of the non Tribal commercial netting law updates, I think the process won. One side would not budge 1 inch, the other side had the power to kill the bill. Now that the political power shifted in the Legislature, compromise solutions will get a Bill passed. Back room deals with linkages to other non related Bills will get horse traded to get multiple Bills passed.
No, I'm talking about the consent decree

· Premium Member
7,430 Posts
I'm betting those LED markers fail the first time or are poorly attached and fall into the water. The Tribes have a well documented history of non compliance, why should they change now.......hopefully they will change.
I did not watch the conversation, I don't use facebook. Did the conversation change your position regarding the new Consent changes? Are you more positive or negative?
Pretty easy to find.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts