Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost interest in ice fishing, so everything must go! I would like to sell the lot to one person.
There is a like new Clam Yukon TC Shanty, no tears, with 2 seats and a shanty cover. 7" Strikemaster Elektra Lazer 12000 DP cordless auger. Comes with all 3 charging cables. OVS 300 underwater camera. Vexilar FL-12 with cover. Also gonna throw in all of my rods and reels, about 2 dozen. Some are cheap, some were $30. Gear used for walleye and panfish. Lots of jigs, teardrops, hooks and bobbers too.Got $2,500 into it all...sell for $800 or best offer. Please, no low balls.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sam, are you answering you private messages? As I said in my PM, I will pay your asking price for the fishing equipment. My phone number is in the PM.

That is if lab 1 does not want it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sam, have a relative put the equipment on Facebook marketplace. You could easily get $1500+. I noticed your profile says you are 71, not sure if you know what marketplace is, a lot of the older generation doesn’t do Facebook ( no offense ). Doesn’t make sense to give it away in my opinion. Even yet, if you don’t have anyone to list it get ahold of me through private message on here send me pictures and I will list it for you with your contact number in the ad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sam, are you answering you private messages? As I said in my PM, I will pay your asking price for the fishing equipment. My phone number is in the PM.

waiting on lab 1 you are next if I don't here from him,sorry but he responded first

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts

Sam is a new member with 3 posts and doesn't have the permissions to use the PM system yet guys. I think the magic number is 10 but I'm not sure.

Welcome to the site Sam. Looks like you've got a great deal going!

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
65speed, thanks for the heads up.
If Sam replied to this thread 7 more times he'd be cool? Post #1 would say 4, the next would say 5, next would say 6, etc, until he gets to 10 posts, then the PM would work. I see Sam hasn't posted much and he's been watching us for a long while. He's an older guy helping people out so why not?

Welcome again Sam. I'm thinking of selling my ice gear too and it's gonna be a great opportunity for some boys here.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sam it was great meeting you and shooting the bull.

Thanks again.

Mike
Sounds like you got a really good deal! I’m glad Sam had integrity and not bump the price up like the previous post suggested. I don’t see a problem with paying someone what they ask for an item. Not really sure why someone would try to ruin another persons purchase by suggesting that the OP mark it up, even tho he has no interest in the package.....scratching my head....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sounds like you got a really good deal! I’m glad Sam had integrity and not bump the price up like the previous post suggested. I don’t see a problem with paying someone what they ask for an item. Not really sure why someone would try to ruin another persons purchase by suggesting that the OP mark it up, even tho he has no interest in the package.....scratching my head....
I’m assuming you’re referring to me? I didn’t have the intention on ruining his deal by any means. I was simply letting the man know his equipment was worth more than what he was asking and that there are other methods of selling which would bring him a fair price. He’s an older gentleman according to his profile and might not know what outdoor sporting equipment goes for used now days, maybe he does maybe he doesn’t, I don’t know.... I was simply offering to help the guy. Instead of trying to throw jabs, how about we give kudos to op for sticking to his price and respect the fact I was trying to help a complete stranger get a fair market value for his equipment. I myself am “scratching my head”

·
Registered
922 Posts
I’m assuming you’re referring to me? I didn’t have the intention on ruining his deal by any means. I was simply letting the man know his equipment was worth more than what he was asking and that there are other methods of selling which would bring him a fair price. He’s an older gentleman according to his profile and might not know what outdoor sporting equipment goes for used now days, maybe he does maybe he doesn’t, I don’t know.... I was simply offering to help the guy. Instead of trying to throw jabs, how about we give kudos to op for sticking to his price and respect the fact I was trying to help a complete stranger get a fair market value for his equipment. I myself am “scratching my head”
I don’t know what the OP‘s intentions were of selling, The bottom line is he got the price he was asking for. There’s no need to tell him to bump the price up for whatever reason, that should be done in a private message- not posted in the thread as to Sabotage the sale. Maybe the Price fell in his ballpark, he saw the opportunity to jump on a great deal, and he was also the first to respond as well.
Just sounded like you were trying to ruin the sale Because of the mere fact you feel his stuff is worth more than the asking price? I think if you put yourself in the buyers position and someone else did that to you on something you really wanted to buy, you would Reciprocally be pissed.... Especially if the seller took the advice and jacked the price up on you, based on what someone wrote.

·
Registered
14,850 Posts
It would be different if you were offering to buy the equipment for $1500. Sam seems to have a great idea how much he spent on all of his ice fishing stuff, and based on what he has, he probably has a great idea what it is worth. Maybe he just wanted to get a couple bucks for it, and help someone launch a new passion they can carry on, with his used equipment?

It looks like that is probably what has happened, so Merry Christmas to all. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts