Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Do you believe Antler Point Restrictions are a social or scientific deer management p

• Social

Votes: 96 33.1%
  • Science

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • Some of both

Votes: 161 55.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
No, I don't believe we are High Grading now. I believe too many spikes and 4 pts. are taken for the sole purpose of the "I got my Buck, You got your Buck?" crowd. Not enough hunters "yet" willing to pass those bucks and say they took a doe instead.:dizzy::sad:

Heck, my 16 yr. old daughter passed on a 4pt. and she only had opening morning to hunt. She has a green light to take what she wants but she already took a 4pt. at 14, she wants bigger than a 4pt for her next one.:D

I could see changes happening faster if we were a state that only has 200-300 thousand hunters but change is hard when you have 700 thousand + hunters. I believe education is a better way to go, and voluntary APR's. I think we have enough rules and regulations. JMHO

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Another slippery slope here folks. We passed proposal G mandating scientific management. This is purely social. If you really want to know what happens when game management is dictated by popular vote look at your current dove hunting opportunities in Michigan. Do we really want to travel down this path? I don't care if 90% vote for it, scientific management by qualified wildlife biologists should be the rule. No armchair quarterbacks.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.