Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Do you believe Antler Point Restrictions are a social or scientific deer management p

• Social

Votes: 96 33.1%
  • Science

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • Some of both

Votes: 161 55.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
582 Posts
FYI, at the first meeting of the APR workgroup the overall majority of participants felt that mandatory APR's were not feasible and I believe were dropped from consideration. The workgroup now is discussing the current procedure for determining if APR's will be used in a DMU. Currently it takes a 66% approval but the QDMA wants that reduced to 51%. Also the curent survey answers are YES, NO, NO OPINION and DON'T CARE. No opinion has no value and Don't care is used as a NO vote. The QDMA wants the Don't care to have no value so that just the YES ans NO votes are considered. Keep in mind that this post is just a condensed version of 6 hours of presentations and disscussions. Please join us at the next meeting in December.

·
Banned
582 Posts
Swampbuck, yes the QDMA has a rep in the workgroup. He missed the first meeting of the group and tried to revisit issues settled by the group at the first meeting to no avail. I personally don't want to make it easier for anyone to get APR's for any DMU, but on the same note I think the process should be fair. I think Neil did a fine job putting togeather the questions in this poll. But the main issue is, do you believe that APR's should be achieved by EDUCATION or by REGULATION? Currently the education route is working but not fast enough some selfish hunters.

·
Banned
582 Posts
Munster, as I said previously this was a condensed version of the discussions. I have kept meticulous notes and these are my recollections of the discussions. At the first meeting everyone was ask their feelings toward APR's and the overwhelming majority spoke against mandatory statewide APR's. Just my observations. I thought people that can't attend might want to know whats happening. Feel free to express your recollections as this is an important issue for todays deer hunters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.