Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think his power ever went out. His stayed on and he's just subject to no regulation of pricing. (welcome to Texas) He had no idea his rates went up until after he got the bill.
I read the utility companies made daily withdrawals from people’s accounts until they hit zero.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
That is messed up. National news interviewed a lady who had to decide whether to heat the house or buy food. Said she could be paying 100.00 us a day on electricity.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's pure idiocy that consumers should have access to that level of risk for their utilities. What an incredible failure of public trust by the Texas regulators.
Not necessarily.

I get the impression that people willingly went into these contracts and now are whining to get out of them.

I think it only appropriate that people reap what they sow.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Not necessarily.

I get the impression that people willingly went into these contracts and now are whining to get out of them.

I think it only appropriate that people reap what they sow.
Part of me agrees with you but there is another part of me that thinks many people had no idea this could happen.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
In pipelining I run in to plenty of people from Texas, Hell, my companies headquarters is in Houston. People from there have this superiority thing where they think they are so much better than the rest of the country. Its hard for me to feel sorry for anyone from there.

I have a sticker on my hardhat that says TAFT. Stands for This Ain't F*(#@%g Texas.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In pipelining I run in to plenty of people from Texas, Hell, my companies headquarters is in Houston. People from there have this superiority thing where they think they are so much better than the rest of the country. Its hard for me to feel sorry for anyone from there.
I was hinting at that.
I was also illustrating for the social darwinists around here that when nobody cares, nobody cares.
You want to go it alone? Go it alone.

“Keep me free! Keep me unregulated! I can fend for myself!”
Is a paper tiger.

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,184 Posts

I have a sticker on my hardhat that says TAFT. Stands for This Ain't F*(#@%g Texas.
Yeah, look at the outward blamestorming going on from there now, the Lone Star State.....guess that is as far as I should go with it.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I wonder how hard those folks in California are laughing after being disparaged with jokes about rolling blackouts. In their wildest dreams, I doubt the average insanely patriotic Texan considered the idea that such independence came with a price tag attached to it. At least they'll be able to afford those bills. They don't have to pay any income taxes like the fools they make jokes about.

Everything is Bigger & Better in Texas!

·
Registered
6,349 Posts

Why is that? Some parts of Texas are nice but a lot of it is a chithole.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I get salespeople at my door every summer from alternate energy companies trying to under sell DTE. If those consumers would have read the fine print about the "undetermined emergency energy pricing " they would have never agreed to the terms, for a penny or two savings on a KW hour you are at their mercy when a disaster arises and the utility co.has a siged contract from the client to prove it. So no, i don't feel sorry for someone that signed up for something that they wanted and received.Always read what you sign

·
Premium Member
14,856 Posts
MPSC, nothing wrong with them. Was having issues with Consumers energy. Contacted PSC, got a call back from consumers rep. The next afternoon.

almost exact same happened like five years ago, with exact same result.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts