Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered who all coon hunts here.. I just got into it not to long ago. I have 3 black n tans.. that are just now turning a year. 2 are doing great and the third well she still thinks she is a pup..... I just recently moved to flint so I need to find me some new ground to run the dogs. I hunt alot in lansing right now. Anyhow here is a couple pics.

First Coon Treed On her Own!! :)

About a 30 pound coon the girls got.

Cede says he is up there....

·
Registered
520 Posts
I use to run hounds 10 years ago
use to have a lot of fun chasing behind them
i sure like being in the woods after dark
what a rush:D
Abby, them hounds must have a little blue in them to be treeing coons that young:eek: :D :D :D
good luck
doug

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by dugfish
I use to run hounds 10 years ago
use to have a lot of fun chasing behind them
i sure like being in the woods after dark
what a rush:D
Abby, them hounds must have a little blue in them to be treeing coons that young:eek: :D :D :D
good luck
doug

DugFish

Blue ? You nutts.. its all black power... LOL.... :D

Robert ... Thanks.. there doing good and been alot of work and hard to try and train 3 pups at once.. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when I brought 3 pups home. These are my first hounds ever and I have been happy with them so far they are doing good. Luckily I have a friend with some awsome hounds and she has helped me and taught me and the dogs alot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice lookin' B&T's!
What breeding are they?

I've got a kennel full of walkers now...had a few blues and plotts in the past. My buddy has a B&T. I sure like how they look - can't beat a dark dog with rich tan trim in the right spots!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by AbbytheGSP

.. its all black power... LOL.... :D

Hey I won't hold that against you:D Looks like you have a good looking pack. I hunt walkers but have been itching to get a blue dog. I want one of those so bad. I am in the process of turning mine into bear dogs. So far it's been a long road. I run mine on coon for training and to keep in shape.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kevin they go back into hunzeinker / northern buck..

Big game.. Ive been running them on coon and would like to maybe get them on cats this winter..

Ive got a few big ones in my area.. no one hunts it.....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I tried cats last winter. Had a blast but wasn't able to get anything going. :rolleyes: This year the dogs are tracking better and are a little older so maybe this will be the year. I have winters off which will leave me with plenty of time. Kevin and I plan to do some running this winter. We have been running together this summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts