Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it has a lot to do with having put a lot of time, over the year, into fixing up my blind and spot. Also with being ready early (sighted in in September). I can't remember being this anxious for the opener in several years. I am always excited but this is silly.

I have been calling my two brothers each friday for the last few weeks (in countdown mode) to talk deer hunting (getting ready to make the weekly calls shortly). I have all my clothes and supplies ready and packed.

Maybe it has to do with my son going for the first time this year, as well (although he is strictly of second weekend age ;) ).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just a reminder for you: Just because you sighted in during early September doesn't mean your "zero" (your bullseye shots during sept) will hold into November. You should shoot again sometime before you go out. Things change... such as the weather, body posture, clothing worn, habits, and your scope / iron sites might have been nudged or bumped somehow.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Just a reminder for you: Just because you sighted in during early September doesn't mean your "zero" (your bullseye shots during sept) will hold into November. You should shoot again sometime before you go out. Things change... such as the weather, body posture, clothing worn, habits, and your scope / iron sites might have been nudged or bumped somehow.

Good luck. :)
lol I sighted my 30-30 in 15 years ago and have never had to adjust it once. Oh and I've never shot more than once at a deer with it and have never missed.

I still shoot it before season because you are absolutely right.

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
(although he is strictly of second weekend age ;) ).
I really don't want to make any assumptions so I'm going to ask that you clarify what this means before commenting further.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been talking to a buddy at work everyday we work together about hunting and we are both pumped for the season. I need to get out and shoot the rifle again and get sighted in for longer distances. I had an issue with my gun last year not being sighted properly and didn't get it fixed till 2 days before season started. Not letting that happen again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts