Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out the Houghton Lake webcam and it looks like the lake (East Bay) is covered with snow.:woohoo1:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The only problem is the snow on top of the ice will keep it from freezing faster. With this wind the snow will hopefully blow off!

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right.

I hope its not wet snow and will blow off. I hate it when there's a lot of snow and screws things up.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It's wet snow but it's suposed to get real cold and that should help things freez up.

pike man:fish:

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
It's wet snow but it's suposed to get real cold and that should help things freez up.

Pike man, Thank you for the report! Please keep us updated on the ice conditions up that way! Myself, ih722 and several other M-S.com'rs spend a lot of our free time (what little there is) up at HL and I know I'm itchin to hit the hard water there ASAP! :D

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
:) Bro lives in HL he will try to go on ice and call me back soon !!!!!!!
If he doesn't we'll have to assume it's not all that thick yet! :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Parents have a house on the east bay. My dad is driving up there right now to do some hunting. I will get a report from him.
Can't wait to see some tip up flags.
sslopok

·
Registered
60 Posts
bro didnot think truck would go had hole truck on ice then, water at front wheels he said about 3" of ice no one out as of 3:00 :confused:

·
Registered
381 Posts
last night st. helen was coverd, but alot of wet spots. with this cold air moving in i think it wont be long. the snow we got was some really wet ****, abot 8 good inches. the snow blower didnt want to throw it very far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
bro said south west side was open water some ice on south side the wind pushed in but alot of wet spots in snow. i will go up fri or sat will post if i hear more

·
Registered
398 Posts
Walked out 20ft from shore at state launch by comfort suites stomped on ice and she let loose was lookin at open water about 400 ft out. Went down by arnies a little thicker but again only walked out about 20 ft. The ice is pretty turned up over there from the wind. Checked it by burger king by m-18 and was froze as far as I could see. Went out about 20 ft again and stomped on it and it felt solid but wasn't taking any chances. The snow for the most part is blown off the lake except by shore where it is slushy for about 10-15ft. All in all the lake looked pretty good considering the weather we had. Planning on going back over there saturday with spud in hand this time will post what I find.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Went out about 20 yards off of the boat launch on co rd 100 ice started to crack. I will check another spot tommorrow.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts