Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just was wondering what seams to be the avrage bow a hunter has set up and ready two go at a moment notice.
i for one have three ready to go and all can shoot where i want them to
1. xi magnum
2. xi legend
3. darton sl50 keep it tuned and ready more just for the sake this was my gradfathers bow and just can't let it gather dust but yet to take it to the woods with me.
wife says i have too many toys but i try to tell her that if one should break down my season is not ended i have back ups. plus this way i do not have to run out buy another bow during the season and set it up.:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
For the first time in several years I am back to two complete rigs. My old faithful Mathews MQ1 and the new Switchback. In years past I had up to three, but I kept selling them off. It's comforting to know if something goes wrong there is a ready back-up on hand. As for having too many toys, that's not possible!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have a WCA Innovator and Kodiak Outdoors setup and ready for bowhunting . I had a Mathews FX ,that I gave away today to a person who was getting back into archery .

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
I generally have at least 2.
I usually have the setup differently as well...i.e. one is fast and lightand I use lighter arrows and the other heavier, a bit slower and uses heavier arrows.

Where I'm hunting depends on what bow I take.

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
not enough, some guys like alot of different guns, i perfer alot of different bows

right now i have
a parker ultra-lite 31
a pse carrera
and im looking for something else just not sure what

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
1, see below.

J-

·
Registered
513 Posts
06 Switchback XT primary rig
02 Q2XL back-up longer ATA for something different from the SB

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
1- Mathews Switchback, 2 Hoyt Ultra tec, Golden Eagle Revolution......Mack

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I have one, Mathews Z-Light. I used to have a PSE Maruader as well, but got rid of it two years ago....soooooooooooo HEY I NEED A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
PSE Dakota
Onida Airo-Force

Both shooting the same arrows. I think the Onida is faster, even with 5 lbs lighter poundage.

·
Registered
74 Posts
06' Ross cr334 for a main bow and an 02 Darton Mountain for a back up and I love them both, but there are alot of bows out to I think I would love to try also. You can never have enough bows.

SwingShift

·
Administrator
17,555 Posts
I have three kids that never stop growing so I have to re-adjust their bows every year! I have a compound, and recurve for myself, and can use my oldest son's bow in a pinch. Oh Yeah... the Darton SL-50 is still set up and waiting to be used as well... :D
In any case the bows I work on every year,
My 14 year old daughter's Browning Micro Midas...
My 16 year old son's Browning Micro Eclipse...
My 21 year old son's Darton 600 WXR
My own Darton Cyclone..
Spare bows ready to go Darton SL-50 and Martin Dream Catcher...
<----<<<

1 - 15 of 15 Posts