Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any details in regards to the snowmobile that rolled over at pickle park? I was a ways away when I noticed a group of snowmobiles were cutting the rug in the middle of the river. Looks like either one of the snowmobilers hit a person or object and then rolled the machine. Hope all that were involved are safe and sound.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Fast and dark can be a recipe for disaster. I hope no one was seriously injured. Prayers

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Last year a guy in a sled came racing by within 30 feet of me While I was being checked by the DNR.....lol he was promptly chased down and ticketed. Not sure the distance but the citation was for going to fast a certain distance from fishermen? Good rule not sure everyone knows it. Nothing wrong with sleds on the river for sure but they need to be on the lookout for fishermen at all times.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I was in the area last night didn't see the accident but did see quads, sleds, 3 wheelers, dirt bikes side by sides and anything else in between.was like a highway

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Was out there Saturday and there were six Polaris rangers with cabs that came flying down the channel side by side. Talk about pushing a wave under the ice.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Last year a guy in a sled came racing by within 30 feet of me While I was being checked by the DNR.....lol he was promptly chased down and ticketed. Not sure the distance but the citation was for going to fast a certain distance from fishermen? Good rule not sure everyone knows it. Nothing wrong with sleds on the river for sure but they need to be on the lookout for fishermen at all times.
I dont know of any rule. Could be wreckless driving citation or the officer just found something tou didnt notice. Expire trail permit, reg, etc.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
100ft and must go slow enough to maintain their course. Meaning, they can't go 100mph 100ft from people. Not sure if the Saginaw River has a speed limit like the kawkawlin. It probably should

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
they were writing a lot of tickets at Indy one night last year. no need for that kind of speed with that many fishing out there.:yikes:

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Most are responsible but some just lack common sense. Ya just cat fix some things.

·
Registered
725 Posts
100ft and must go slow enough to maintain their course. Meaning, they can't go 100mph 100ft from people. Not sure if the Saginaw River has a speed limit like the kawkawlin. It probably should
I was informed by a Deputy/Marine Officer that the maximum legal speed on any body of water is 55 MPH. Just a FYI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts