Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

snow is way to deep

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  doogie mac 
#1 ·
Went out this morning to do some coyote hunting an got skunked again but the snow is so deep up to my knees an some spots above I would say about 3 to 3.5 feet not fun
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
I agree with that I don't own any of those I tried a cheap plastic pair from meijer one time an the straps broke right off them I need a good pair. What would you recommend wood or aluminum?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi HC
Go with the Aluminum! I have both but like the Aluminum best. I bought a pair from army surplus for $50, bindings and all.

Mark.

its about time you got some snow down there, we been battling it all winter!

#7 ·
Are there any open water ways that run through state land in your area? If so float or wade.Walking on snow mobile trails is a great way as mentioned.
Im pretty much done walking in snow. Somtimes when the snow is crusted hard i put on the shoes and cover alot of ground. But right now i float rivers. Miles and miles of them. I float a ways and then get out and set up along the banks. There is one section of river that is quite shallow for quite a ways that i wade. One thing though is you need to be aware of shelf ice and know how to navigate a canoe well.

#8 ·
Are there any open water ways that run through state land in your area? If so float or wade.Walking on snow mobile trails is a great way as mentioned.
Im pretty much done walking in snow. Somtimes when the snow is crusted hard i put on the shoes and cover alot of ground. But right now i float rivers. Miles and miles of them. I float a ways and then get out and set up along the banks. There is one section of river that is quite shallow for quite a ways that i wade. One thing though is you need to be aware of shelf ice and know how to navigate a canoe well.
Perferct day for riv ops!!! Its as warm as its been in some time. Sprained my dang ankle the other day,so im OOC for a spell. The wife hid the key to my guncase,so I guess its official.(little does she know that ive got a spare in another undisclosed location)

#9 ·
Yeah there are rivers by me an also powelines for snowmobiles to ride on so I might walk the powerlines for a ways or put on the waders an wade the river but that makes some work wading back upstream. I went ice fishing yesterday an had to wade through 8 inches of slush an snow, that wasn't the funnest.
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
Perferct day for riv ops!!! Its as warm as its been in some time. Sprained my dang ankle the other day,so im OOC for a spell. The wife hid the key to my guncase,so I guess its official.(little does she know that ive got a spare in another undisclosed location)

mine did the same to me lol ...she said both of ur freezers are full u can run ur dogs without shootin anything lol guess i better buy another freezer ha ha ........ i told her how will the dogs kno there doin a good job if they dont have meat in there teeth .... have to make sum excuse to get control of my cabnit again ...... or i guess i can stop clearin out her freezer to store ***** and yotes lol

#12 ·
mine did the same to me lol ...she said both of ur freezers are full u can run ur dogs without shootin anything lol guess i better buy another freezer ha ha ........ i told her how will the dogs kno there doin a good job if they dont have meat in there teeth .... have to make sum excuse to get control of my cabnit again ...... or i guess i can stop clearin out her freezer to store ***** and yotes lol
LOL!
I think my plan is going to work!-im driving her crazy by being at home,should be outta here soon for the evening hunt i hope!:lol:
I hear you,
I got in trouble last year for storin critters in the freezer in the garage-this year its been so cold,so I havent had to use the frzr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.