Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Snow Covers - Layouts

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Bang-n-Fish 
#1 ·
anyone know who might still have some snow covers IN-STOCK before 1/3-4?

Friend just got a notice his is on BO from Dunn's (finisher) and I just checked Cabelas... they're out too.

He has both a finisher and an x-land'r, so if you know of a retailer that has either that'd be great.

Thanks!!

#2 ·
i been using that snow in a spray can.the stuff the wife sprays on the windows. it really works well on my x-lander.looks good and easy to use.i got the idea from a previous post on this sight.
i also had to remove the stuff today so i could switch back {no snow on the ground today} i used just a scrub brush.it came off VERY easy. i'm very impressed with the stuff.
thanks to the guy who shared it on here.

#5 ·
Thanks for the link - I'll pass it along.

As for the snow spray, I've heard of that before and it sounds like some people recommend it. Did you guys happen to notice if it gives off any purple sheen at a distance? (some "white" bed spreads seem to glow blue/purple and we tried white shrink film one year and found the same thing.)

I'm going to try the snow spray this season (will I need it with this thaw we're having in?!;) I don't have any snow left!)

#8 ·
I ALSO HEARD IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE. MAY BE WHAT BRAND OF THE STUFF YOU USE? I HAVE 2 DIFFERENT BRANDS.
THE ONLY ONE I HAVE USED HAS COME OFF "REALLY" EASY.
THE OTHER I HAVE COMES OUT OF THE CAN KINDA FOAMY.I WAS LEARY TO USE IT.I SUPPOSE SINCE WE ARE HEADING INTO A 90 PERCENT SNOW SITUATION,ANY OF IT SHOULD COME OFF WITH A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE. KEEP IN MIND WE WILL RE MUD OUR LAYOUTS TOO. JUST MY THOUGHTS.
THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK! HAPPY HOLIDAYS

#9 ·
Who cleaned out the Wal*Mart store in Commerce of all their spray snow?!!

Just went there and the lady said they're out and that some guys came in here and cleaned them completely out.

all right... who was it?!! :mad:

#11 ·
I used the stuff from bass pro and got over 100 birds to land along with about 75 mallards,it looked so good I couldnt see my bud until he sat up when I parked the truck ,the stuff was $7.99 and seems to kinda fall off on its own after awile,I plan on power washing it off.

p.s. the hen almost landed on the x-lander and her boytoy landed on the ground next to me,I swear I couldve grabed him trough the flaging hole while the rest were eating all around us. snow in a can works!!!

#13 ·
Wally's is @ Pontiac Trail & Haggerty. If you haven't been to the area in some time... you won't reognize it (or wish to). Rumor has it they are building a strip mall right at the golf course at M-5 and Pontiac Trail (M-5 goes all the way through now from 696 to Pontiac Trail). Traffic is fun :mad:

It's too bad. on my way into work there's an ol' duck hole right at M-5 and 12 that you can just see the remains of an old duck blind. bet they had a great time "back in the day". And all this prgress" makes me wonder how long those three gun ranges can stick around (Multi Lakes, Detroit Gun Club and Birmingham Trap).

#14 ·
Found some spray sno today out at Meijers. never tried it, but I'll give it a whack on one of the blinds and see what happens.

Just FYI: If you're interested in trying this stuff, Meijers has it for $.65/can on clearance right now. If it works well, this is a huge savings vs. other snow camo options out there.

#15 ·
Branta,
You may want to try Bass Pro for the snow covers.
Sometimes they have them in stock at the store.
If not, you're probably not going to find them. We ran into this same problem last year. We couldn't find finisher blind snow covers anywhere. It appears that avery only makes a limited amount per year, and once they're sold......thats it!
I picked up a snow cover this past August.
Good Luck with your search

#16 ·
sprayed the sno stuff on one small panel as a test last night. looks decent enough - though I noticed that it comes off pretty easy (too easy) so I'm wondering what it will look like after swinging the doors open/closed all morning - (you know... we get THAT much shooting ;) )

for $.65, it's probably worth just bringing a can out to the field with you.

I scraped it off and I noticed that there was a white/milky hue still, but this came right out with straight water and a sponge.

As for the Cover; he told me he found one at Dunn's that'll ship 1/2 - Looks like we won't be needing them this weekend though!

Good luck to everyone this coming weekend

#17 ·
If you have a power washer at home it works great for getting the remains of(like I said it comes off to easy from swinging to door open to much,I have that problem too),

Branta, those birds are always ther,mostly in the little pond to the south,they say noway possible,thats why they are there of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.