Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking for some advice for a snowshoeing/backpacking trip a friend and I are planning. We are looking for a 2 day trip, tent camping and snowshoeing in and out of the wilderness. Any ideas where we might go to do this in the lower peninsula? We would love to do pictured rocks or the porcupine mountains but because of time we just cant do it. Anyway if some has some good ideas we would love to hear them.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
East of Vanderbilt will get you into Pigeon River Country. You could choose a trail and hike/snowshoe a day out and then back. Get a map of the area--certainly there's a loop that would make a nice little trip. It's a beautiful area that offers plenty of hiking & camping opportunities.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
do not have any locations but recomend useing a sled or pulk( i guess they call them that if you are hauling gear).can haul more warm goodies.more snowshoe friendly.i fall occasionally with snowshoes,in deep snow i do not know if i could get up again if i had a backpack on.well there will be two of ya.http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7471&page=2 go to post 18.it will give you the idea,or just pull with rope

·
Registered
911 Posts
Manistee River Trail is awesome. 10 mile route high above the river. Look online

1 - 9 of 9 Posts