Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yes, indeed, Frank. I've seen 4 pine snakes at my place in Menominee County in the past week. I've also seen several garter snakes. The biggest pine snake I saw was about 4 feet long. My brother, that lives a few miles from me, has found many 5 foot pine snake skins that were shed in his barn.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Osceola, nice picture. Years ago, my parents owned property in Livingston County. We saw Blue Racers there from time to time. In almost 28 years of property ownership in Hillsdale County, I never saw a Blue Racer, only Garter Snakes and the occasional Milk Snake.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Thanks, Frank. I really don't mind having them around. Now, if they should somehow end up inside the house, relocation would be a must. My brother found a 5 footer coiled up on his living room floor one morning a few years back. I believe that one went to Snake Heaven.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I learned something new about Garter Snakes in Michigan. According to DNR, there are three types of Garter Snakes in Michigan: Butler's Garter, Eastern Garter, and the Northern Ribbon Snake, which is a subspecies of the Garter Snake. The 3 Types of Garter Snakes in Michigan! (w/ pics)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts