Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
27,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Caught a little of everything. 5 walleyes (one was 25-26", 6lbs according to the boga grip and was put back, others 18-20"), a few smallmouth and rock bass, 6 real nice perch (9-10") and some smaller ones, 28" musky. One large musky slammed the in-line board and saw another cruising the surface and 3 sturgeon jumping. Used a some lures and crawler harnesses.

If your gonna asked where--SC light was 1/2 mile to the south.

BTW- none of the walleye had "pink mouth" or had lost their teeth.:lol:

There does seemed to be some decent size perch in the area for those who seek them. Just drift till you find them then anchor.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tried again on Tuesday, little luck, few nice big bass and a few perch...
graphed tons of fish...again, not much hitting...

Mike, How early did you get out, I noticed the fish hittin early and shuttin
down with the sun....

Also, seemed to do better with dark colors...hit a few large bass on deep
purple with silver back....

Unfortunately, I was South of the light and both sides of the ditch...

Tough year....especially for eyes...but the Perch are comin....

·
Administrator
27,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried again on Tuesday, little luck, few nice big bass and a few perch...
graphed tons of fish...again, not much hitting...

Mike, How early did you get out, I noticed the fish hittin early and shuttin
down with the sun....

Also, seemed to do better with dark colors...hit a few large bass on deep
purple with silver back....

Unfortunately, I was South of the light and both sides of the ditch...

Tough year....especially for eyes...but the Perch are comin....
Launched at 6am. First fish on about 6:30-6:45. Last walleye caught at 11am. I think we caught 3 walleyes from 9:30 to 11. Fish were steady except for a couple of lulls. Most fish came on harnesses with halographic or light colors for us. (because thats what I put on, never did try dark colors)

·
Super Moderator
20,734 Posts
How were the weeds, Mike? I tried the north end of the dumps yesterday and it was pretty much unfishable.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Made it out with Jim Danndy to Mike's spot yesterday from 6-8pm. 4 Walleye, 2 small perch and one 3# small mouth bass. Biggest Walleye was 4# and smallest was 2#. Gold on Gold for the hot harness. 2.0 GPS speed. Got kicked off by the rain. Thanks again Walleye Mike for the report.

Thanks Jim for letting Anthony catch most of the fish. Hard to keep his attention these days.

·
Administrator
27,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made it out with Jim Danndy to Mike's spot yesterday from 6-8pm. 4 Walleye, 2 small perch and one 3# small mouth bass. Biggest Walleye was 4# and smallest was 2#. Gold on Gold for the hot harness. 2.0 GPS speed. Got kicked off by the rain. Thanks again Walleye Mike for the report.

Thanks Jim for letting Anthony catch most of the fish. Hard to keep his attention these days.
Going in the morning, hope you left me some.:lol:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Fished the area just south of the light yesterday. Got a mixed bag with 14 keeper perch, a few good size sm bass and a few rockeys. All on chartreuse with green dots, drifting. Had the big boat so I couldn't troll and when the wind came up latter in the P.M. I was glad the big boat was under my butt.
In the brisk North wind the anchor let loose but it made for a comfortable drifting speed. I would bring the rod tip to the boat and let the harness sit slack for a few seconds, and as soon as tension was applied to the line...fish on!
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts