Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just got back from Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. What a beautiful place! So many things you can do. You can get away from the crowds, or you can get right in there with them! The only thing I wouldn't do is get close to those bears! Crazy how people approach them and don't worry about it. We had one that got into the garbage, but thankfully nothing was damaged. I put together a little video of our trip and the many different things to see. I even included the beautiful cabin. The only thing I didn't like was some narrow roads going to the cabin with cliffs on the side. Hope you enjoy the video.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Townsend!

We rent from a realty company, right on a Golf Resort. Clubhouse with pool, just far enough away, but still close...
You know when we went through Gatlinburg my thought was how are these people getting out that stayed along the river and and main road. It was bumper to bumper traffic!

Definitely going to look for some different things to do in the area. The cabin we stayed in at the end of the video was really off the beaten path. Little dicey getting to it. It was a big loop that went around a mountain. There was only one way to get in the driveway from one direction. It just so happened to be the opposite of everyone else on the mountain. One lane road and we sweated bullets every time heading up hoping someone wasn't coming down the same time. We lucked out and never had it happen.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Love it over there. Spent more time on the Black Crest trail in NC, but there is some awesome trout fishing in the area around Clingmans.

·
Super Moderator
20,296 Posts
DSC01488.JPG
DSC00931_2.JPG
fullsizeoutput_c0.jpeg

Yup the bottom of the Dragon

Very cool area to ride!

From Hot Springs to the North to Franklin in the South. Sweetwater to the West to Black Mountain in the East.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts