Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chuck today!!! nailed him with my 22-250... i would post a pic of what the factory winchester jacketed hollow points did to it at 50 yards but this is a family site :).... about time i started poping chucks.. they picked the wheat field behind my house and they started to show up out there a bit better for me... this was just a young one so i know there is more to come... I was on the quad going back to check my deer cam when i saw him feeding. Shut off the quad got the gun out of the case, racked a round in found him in the scope, got a steady rest... whistled once... nothing, whistled 2 times... nothing.. the third whistle got him to stand up where it entered up by his left arm/ neck.... (almost missed) didnt have a great rest and i was a bit excited... plus with the fact that he was closer than expected.... I pulled the trigger and wammo... TAIL WAGGER!!!!!:) OK i know its just a woodchuck but i had high hopes to get a few more this year with the ol pea shooter.... here i come prarie dogs.....(passed my written test for the police department, just found out today so here comes Colorado hopefully.... lots more phases to go though :(.... but should be worth it... wish me luck!i may post the other pic with less carnage tonight after work...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
than deer.;)

Congrats on the shot, the passed test and the excitement!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I haven't been out for quite some time now with all the weeds being so high at the farm and tree nursery. I was hoping they would cut between the rows for me but gas is so high they aren't doing that this year. People are saving where they can.

Hopefully i will get out with MY 22-250 and put a suprise on some chucks also.

HunterHawk, I graduated from the Fort Pierce Police academy in 87.
The only place that was hiring was Miami. I declined it and came back home to work in the shops for twice as much pay. Now i'm thinking that i jumped the gun as i have been to Miami a few times fishing the alst couple of years. I cant help thinking what if i had gone down and worked.

You are going to love the police academy. Just stick to your guns and show them what you can do. Keep the talk of guns down unless you know someone is full of it. I wish you good luck and - GO FOR IT. Police officers do not get the respect they deserve. Neal

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Neal!.... yeah a lot of my buddies are in different police academy's right now they say its not for the weak... I love being pushed to my limits so im sure i will have a good time with it once i get used to the constant yelling :lol:... and yes they dont get the respect or paid enough really... and im saying this because i work around them every day and watch the type of stuff they put up with...good thing its the same stuff we already put up with doing security so i know what im getting myself into :)

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is some pics finally

what i found when i walked up to the chuck... minus the gun of course

and then when i rolled him over..because i couldnt tell where i hit him at 1st

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
And for the police........ah ya get what you deserve. So if thats gratitude great if not, you arent doing the job right?
Ive seen police selling confiscated knives, and such, Ive seen them look the other way, Ive seen......ah hell who gives a rats ass. Just do you flipping job and get through it. Nobody told you youd get shot at. So have fun!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i passed my written test, and i believe my oral board... im just waiting to hear back from them, and i can promise you i will be a good cop,,, i have very good ethics in everything i do... its how you are brought up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts