Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been smelt dipping in 3 or 4 years. I'd like to try it again. Last time out at the Duck Lake channel, they were running so thin we spent our time netting steelhead and whitefish instead (ya gotta be quick, and they were released). I've tried various places in the U.P. with success but am looking for something close to home in Ottawa, Muskegon, or Oceana counties. Does anyone have any info/is it a fruitless effort? Perhaps I've been to the wrong outlets?

I know the population has really declined in Lake Michigan. Is it really that bad all along the lakeshore?

If no other options exist, is it still any good along US 2, the Carp River, or the NE U.P.?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Carp/Nunns area still pretty good. Also did surprisingly well at Au Gres last year on the East side. Best run around there in quite some time.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Fishall try Coho Bob in Pentwater he use to dip off the pier. Last I heard he had heart problems so he may not dip but knows whats going on there.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.